• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Game Camera Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
For this campaign im doing, one of the levels i want it to be for the game camera to be in cinematic angles. Like When you go in this region the camera moves to a different angle/spot, instead of regular game camera.
I've figured out the whole " put the unit down, hide it, and set the camera over it". Accept where you put the camera/ how far you put it wont help. I can't get it to zoom out high, it's just different than where the camera is. Hard to explain kind of. Help anyone?

Level 18
I don't know what you're talking about, but why don't you try this:

• Events
    • Unit - Unit enters Region 0000 <gen>
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Set Camera 0000 <gen> for (Owner of (Entering Unit))
    • Camera - Lock camera on CameraUnit for (Owner of (Entering Unit))
Region 0000 <gen> is a region that you enter when you want to change camera position.
Camera 0000 <gen> is a camera pointed at a dummy unit
CameraUnit is the dummy unit. It has no model, no shadow, no movement speed, no nothing. All it does is being a target for the camera to lock onto.

I believe this is what you were looking for. If not, just say where I went wrong, or if I was way off, just say what you do want.

Level 1
Sorry If I made it confusing.
I want it to be like when you enter this region the camera goes into a different angle and locks.
Which is like what you said, but is there a way to choose what angle, and how high to make it?

Status
Not open for further replies.