• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Camera Bounds Friendly

Status
Not open for further replies.

noj

noj

Level 4
I got a basic third person camera.
locked camera on unit with certain settings (rotation, distance to target, Angle of attack, etc..)

I also have multiple regions i want the camera to never leave (so it doesent go in hills or objects)

The problem is the camera doesent care about the camera bounds, so it will still go out of the camera bounds.

how do i make the camera change its distance to target to keep itself in camera bounds?

Last edited:

noj

noj

Level 4
We'd love you if you would use [GUI] tags instead. :p

And also, if the camera moves to a certain region (dunno if there are events for that stuff), then have it be panned back to a certain specified region.

what are the tags? i tried [GUI] [/GUI] but they dont work. (theres no button to click to place them on slected text like most forums) code was the fastest to remember so i put them there myself.

The camera is locked to a unit, it follows in third person, i want it to change its "distance to target" so it will stay in the camera bounds (region). if i panned it back to the center of the region it wouldent be locked on the unit anymore.

thanks for the reply.

noj

noj

Level 4
Um... as far as I know, my 3rd person camera doesn't go out of the camera bounds and wont cause fatal errors, although I don't know how to fix your problem.
It is very easy to use
Heres a link if you want: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/mansties-tpcamera-1-0-a-150474
Read description for more details.

the 'camera target' doesent leave the camera bounds, but since its third person what you see depending on 'distance to target' will leave the bounds. I fixed the fatal error it was unrelated actually.

All i need to do is to be ble to change distance to target that code is pointless to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.