• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Lock Camera Orientation...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I’m trying to understand what does this trigger do.

• Camera - Lock camera orientation for <player> to <unit>, offset by (0.00, 0.00)
I've googled it and from different sources they describe its function as

Locks the camera to a specified unit and watch it wherever it goes but the camera does not move with the unit, so your perspective stays in place.
So far I get the idea but when it comes to testing it... I get this

• Camera - Lock camera orientation for Player 1 (Red) to Rifleman 0000 <gen>, offset by (0.00, 0.00)
4oAaC8mDfZhUneS96NK2Jp

Can anyone tell me what are the conditions I need to fulfill in order for it to work as the tutorials I’ve read say?.:eekani:

Level 30
Taken from here: http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/cameras.php

Camera Lock Orientation is defined as: This locks the current view to a unit also, but does not move with the unit. The camera target moves with the unit, watching it wherever it goes, but your perspective stays in place.

You should use this trigger instead if you want your camera locked to a unit and following your locked unit's movements:

• Camera - Lock camera target for >Player< to >Unit<, offset by (0.00, 0.00) using Default rotation

Level 30
Well, it is used for cinamatics and such seeing that it gives a near view on the unit. And what do you mean with how it works? It works like that, though you can configure it's camera by playing with it's offset.

But link me to that tutorial you are saying at your first post.

Level 3
One of the tutorials i saw was that same one you linked and other from here the hive purely explanations of what it is supposed to do nothing practical.

I tried playing with the offset like you said... But I ended up with pretty much the same thing a camera looking at a unit from what it seems under the map, only that this time a little shifted to the sides and if i click to move the unit it just goes out of view lost xD.

Nothing to do with "This locks the current view to a unit also, but does not move with the unit. The camera target moves with the unit, watching it wherever it goes, but your perspective stays in place."

How do I make it do exactly what it’s defined to do? I’m asking out of pure curiosity not that I’m planning to use right now.
I just want to know how to use it for the sake of learning in case I might someday :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.