• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] force unit face point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hi again xD, sorry but was searching a lot for this question and didnt find a correct answer.

I was trying to make a unit ( BOSS ) face point Really quick. ( I know that instant is imposible ), but i wanted to for example from 180 degrees to 360 degrees the maximun. And i tested.... well it kind of take like more than ONE second.

Then i use Cheat engine and bost wc3 x3 speed hack.
My unit now turns of course now x3 faster. Really fast. The problem is i dont want to use cheat engine!! xD

Tried also setting the speed turn of the unit to 3 but nothing...

Any ideas or tricks ? I need the boss tu turn like in 0.3 soo actually you can see him turning but he is really fast.

Level 16
How about triple the animation speed? IIRC that speeds up the turning as well.

Or you could try the trigger: Make BOSS face point over 0.0 second. Oh and set the turn rate to 3.0 so it can have the fastest turn speed.

Last edited:
Level 6
How about triple the animation speed? IIRC that speeds up the turning as well.

Or you could try the trigger: Make BOSS face point over 0.0 second. Oh and set the turn rate to 3.0 so it can have the fastest turn speed.

Doomlord I did that.... Just not working. Even if a order the unit to move instantly and face the point the boss just turns again like in more than one second.

Maker thats a nice idea. The problem is that i want the boss to turn while fighting others... Soo I cant hide him because it would be a problem with the damage and the other enemy spells that affect him. Also i want to see how he turns Just do it fast like i said 0.3 or faster.

For example this could help Bots to get last hits ... And to cast spells.

I will keep trying things in the editor.

Level 33
You know the problem using 2 units, right ?
About transferring properties problem.

Example:
Unit A (Unhidden) has been poisoned by one of Player's abilities.
When the event occurs (turns 180 degrees), surely Unit A is Hide and Unit B is Unhide, right ?
But Unit B won't have the debuff poison applied to it, and this would screw the gameplay.

Level 6
triend everything and cant understand why turns so slow...

Is just imposible that speed turn cant go faster...

Level 23
that will not help tho, there is hardcoded roof for the turn rate, which cannot be exceeded(you cant make unit turn faster then that by any means)

I tested it with footman which had event: 0 seconds elapsed action: make Footman1 face footman2 over 0 seconds

the footman had 1000.00 turn rate, still it took him good 0.2 - 0.3 secs to turn

Status
Not open for further replies.