• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Unit won't change facing degrees

Status
Not open for further replies.
Helo, I have a proble in my map with a unit or units in gerenal.
I want my unit to face 90 degrees, but no matter what I try it always is 180 degrees. I set some movement speed to it and foudn that thsi way it can change facing, but the thing is that I Don't wnat it to be able to move and to not have the buttons for movement in the command card, and be able to change its facing direction.
The unit is not a building.
Anyone has idea?

Level 5
When you put 0 as its Movement Speed it won't be able to change its facing direction. Try changing it to 1 instead and I don't think you can remove the movement in the command card.

EDIT: There's actually a way to stop units from moving but it won't remove the Move Command. You can make a trigger that runs every 0.01 ordering every units or units of that type to stop moving.

Level 11
Perhaps you can base your unit on SH's Serpent Ward ability? That way, it can turn around in every direction, but can't move.

Level 11
Serpent Ward, troll hero Shadow Hunter's ability
The unit is found under Orc -> units -> Special

Edit: I did a quick test, and apparently, the unit based on Serpent Ward doesn't change angle even when using a trigger (Unit - Make Serpent Ward face 90.00 degrees over X seconds)
Sorry, I don't know what else I could suggest :/

Level 12
What are you trying to do with the unit? Could you delete the current one and make a new one with the direction you want?

Maybe there is some hacky way to give it move speed and then take it away after changing it's facing angle.

Level 39
You can also permanently stop a unit from moving by casting a 0 duration (infinite) Entangling Roots or Ensnare on it with a dummy unit. This will show a buff on the UI but it will allow turning to face targets without movement. In conjunction with removing the command buttons you can achieve what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.