• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

For those just starting to terrain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
Using my new powers I updated this with Voids showcase. Just wanted to test some stuff, and I figured this could use an update since demon is gone.

Level 34
I'll try and update this soon. I'm lacking time right now, as I'm sure people have noticed.

Level 34
[Death] can't be fixed because he uses damn brackets in his name. The BBcode uses the last bracket in his name, so I changed it to a }.

Level 2
Ive already put my MiscData.txt into my UI folder. But if i'm not wrong, i should be able to decrease the height of the terrain even further right? But nothing seems to be happening. It's still stuck at the same height... Can anyone help?

Level 2
I believe you can also increase how deep the water can go using MaxDepth setting under DeepLevel. This wont be much if the water is so dark, you don't see the bottom, but for those of you creating giant sunken ruins and such, this could be a very, very beautiful thing.
And i don't really understand this part. Do i change the MaxDepth to 1?
Sorry Im kind of inexperienced.

Level 1
It works when you just paste it to ProgramFiles\WC3 folder .... I changed the slope angle to 100 (It's great, Now I'm able to make awesome cliffs), but my map preferences don't work well. For example it always shows me midnight time and I can't change it.

Level 4
You're supposed to create the UI folder. You know... right-click, new, new folder, and rename that folder you just made "UI" and put the MiscData.txt file in there.

Woow thanks =D didn't know that, so judt as remind for my self, Programs/WarcraftIII/>and here i create UI</UI/MiscData? =)

Level 7
Woow thanks =D didn't know that, so judt as remind for my self, Programs/WarcraftIII/>and here i create UI</UI/MiscData? =)
If your normal WC3 folder is "Programs/WarcraftIII/" it should be "Programs/WarcraftIII/UI/Miscdata.txt" (not double UI).

Level 5
If I wanted very shallow water levels to help smooth out beaches (hate when it stops at a straight edge because of minimum water depth), could I just reduce the minimum depth to 1 or 2 and the waves depth to about 10, or does that cause some kind of adverse effects?

Level 34
Hehe, I'm sure I did the same thing when I first used this.

Keiji, you should edit HT's post and make sure it tells people to make the UI folder if they haven't yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.