• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Footmen Tower - open for anyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I'm not sure if this is right place. Anyway, I'm no longer working on this map and it's such a waste if I don't share it or delete it. So now I'm sharing here, so anyone can mod / finish it.

I tried to participate this map for a "tiny minigame" contest or whatever it is. I worked on it slowly so it never got in contest then I abandoned it. Then few months later, I got back into working on it and added a lot more content but GUI Triggers were becoming more troublesome so I just gave it up.

It's about array of neutral towers on map. You are to take over other tower next to your tower from a click or upgrade tower into different tower, or train footmen to attack other tower. It's very fast paced, should last under 8 min.
It's playable at it's stage over bnet / lan but needs work.

Sorry I don't have screenshot, my screenshot aren't working for some reason, it's blank black screenshot.

If you're interested to take it and finish it for me. Here's list of thing I didn't get to finish with:
1. Multiboard - Multiboard is always pain in the ass to work with.
2. Countdown - It's a mess / broken, well it's because I thought of adding command to begin tutorial so I just put quick and sloppy countdown.
3. Units tooltips
4. Tutorial - Cinematic to show how to take over, and explain each tower.
5. AI - I have AI in there, but it's based on old contents. Make new one for this new contents.
6. Balance - I didn't get much chance to tryout with my friends. Might need to balance units and towers (also price and bounty). Also fix cannon tower, neutral tower aren't supposedly to be damaged and I don't know to make splash not to make harm to neutral.
7. Arrange "build / train" icon on towers. I'm not sure how to remove these "attack, hold, defend" off towers.

Map attached. If you're going to modify it into your own way, or finish it. Please at least credit me "ventuz" somewhere on it.

Attachments

• footmentower.w3x
    34.3 KB · Views: 60
  • fmt.png
    fmt.png
    835.6 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
Level 2
Unbelievable, nobody ever READ my post. But here's one I had to paste into MSPaint from Clipboard attached to first post.

It would be nice if someone know how to fix blank black screenshot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.