• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Footman, Captain, and Derivatives

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Ujimasa Hojo Presents

Footman, Captain, and Derivatives
Edited by Ujimasa Hojo

Footman (Optimized) Info:

• Combined the Portrait with the model.
  • Fixed some wrapping of the texture.

• Added back the scabbard.

• Fixed the eye guard texture wrapping and normals.

Captain (Optimized) Info:
  • Combined the Portrait with the model.
  • Fixed some wrapping of the texture.

Captain (Gilneas) Info:
  • Created a Gilnean version of the Captain.

• Resaved using Retera's model editor to avoid a bug.

Captain (Kul Tiras) Info:
  • Created a Kul Tiras version of the Captain.

Captain (Risen) Info:
  • Created an Undead version of the Captain.

• Fixed the Death sound.

Death Guard Info:
  • Created a Forsaken version of the Footman.

• Added back the Defend stance.

Footman (Bandit) Info:
  • Created a Bandit version of the Footman.

• Uploaded.

Footman (Ebon Blade) Info:
  • Created a Death Knight version of the Footman.

• Uploaded.

Footman (Stromgarde) Info:

Footman (Stromgarde, Undead) Info:
  • Created an Undead version of the Stromgardian Footman.
  • Uses CloudWolf's texture for his Galen Trollbane model.

• Fixed the Death sound.

Footman (Risen) Info:
  • Created an Undead version of the Footman.

• Fixed the Death sound.

Keywords:
Defias Brotherhood, Syndicate

Author's Notes and Trivia:
  • Optimized models have built-in portrait animations, fixed bugs (if there were any), additional animation (if applicable). These can be used to serve as a template for alternative skins if you want to keep the original skin and model.
  • Check out Ujimasa Hojo's Maps and Resources Discussions, and Tutorials. Please reply in these threads instead.
  • Check out the map and the model previews at my Youtube, BitChute, DailyMotion, and Rumble Channels as well and hopefully subscribe. Follow me on Twitter.
  • While I do these stuff as a hobby, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to accept donations from our more fortunate Hivers I suppose :p.
    • My PayPal is here.
    • My Patreon is here.
    • My SubscribeStar is here.
Contents

Captain (Gilneas) (Model)

Captain (Kul Tiras) (Model)

Captain (Optimized) (Model)

Captain (Risen) (Model)

Death Guard (Model)

Footman (Bandit) (Model)

Footman (Ebon Blade) (Model)

Footman (Optimized) (Model)

Footman (Risen) (Model)

Footman (Stromgarde) (Model)

Footman (Stromgarde, Undead) (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
Edits are small but people might find some use for it.

Deleted member 237964

D

Deleted member 237964

Now we need Dalaran Footman,Stromgarde and Bandit version.

Deleted member 237964

D

Deleted member 237964

Wouldn't be the same as bandit footman? basically Alterac is what a bandit race represents : p

Well,not exactly.Alterac used to be Kingdom so it most likely used to have normal army,i more imagine it as a mix of Horde and Alliance troops.

Level 34
Well,not exactly.Alterac used to be Kingdom so it most likely used to have normal army,i more imagine it as a mix of Horde and Alliance troops.

According to Wowpedia their armor was orange and their symbol was:
File:Alterac.jpg

It's a footman model, where's the gilnean symbol or the kul tiras symbol on the other footmans? X'D, also if i recall, they were the poorest of all of the 7 kingdoms, they barely had an army, i supposed that if you want to make something based on that faction you could use some of these models as a base, and change the symbol to the Alterac bird:
Rostrodle Skirmisher
Rostrodle Javeliner
Rostrodle Cavalier

Level 16
Hey Ujimasa, could you make a Footman (Gilneas) and a Captain (Stromgarde) ?
Thank you very much.

Level 6
Hello, Do you want to make the Highborne Footman using the Huntress skin, Night Elf Watcher skin, with Shandris skin ?

Level 14
@Ujimasa Hojo Ello, nice bundle, tho i noticed one problem, Scabard is missing. It's on original footman, Could you readd it to every variant? it was just 1 sided simple mesh so it was sometimes invisible, but it is there and its animated, it looks weird when optimized models of them just make their swords disappear. Portal Scabards xD?
unknown.png

Originally its invisible(well techincly visible but from below pretty much) Because material has two faced mode disabled, with it enabled it works perfectly fine. Please readd it xD

Level 9
Just a small request/suggestion about the Forsaken Death Guard, @Ujimasa Hojo. Is it possible to replace its current animations with the regular Footman animations? To add back the defend animations, sir?

Since from a progression stand point it would make sense that after they had been reanimated they would be all shambly, but since they are an elite class of Forsaken soldiers surely they would then retain their old martial prowess. And from an aesthetic stand point it looks a tad bit odd that he looks rather imposing but drags and shambles around when he moves and attacks.

Level 9
The walking in shambles is a thematic theme for all of my Risen/Forsaken units though.

Hmmm that is true, then could the attack and defend animations at least be imcorporated in then? It just seemed a bit odd that he couldn't lift up his shield to defend at least, the Death Guard I mean. I could understand why the Risen Captain and Footman wouldn't lift up their shields to defend but I don't see why the Death Guard couldn't.

Or would it be possible to have the regular Footman anims incorporated as a Alternate set of Anims instead? Like lets say it could be after an upgrade wherein they get better control of their reanimated limbs thus allowing them to function as they did before?

Level 6
@Ujimasa Hojo Could you create a spearman version of your Footman (Risen) Please? Would be really useful for my project and im sure you can have it done quite fast :)

Here you have a great model of @Wandering Soul as inspiration.

Spearman

Or an archer one like:

FootArcher

Your base model is great and im sure it would look awesome with different weapons to create "undead factions".

Greetings!