• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Flying Tauren?

Status
Not open for further replies.

M93

M93

Level 2
I dont actually need it for anything, but is there any way to make a Tauren flying unit model without looking stupid, or lore-tarded?

Flying machines are out, they are basically indians of Warcraft.
Also, Gryphons are out, they are Alliance mounts.
Bronze Dragons? Tauren on Bronze dragon would look cool, but why would they ride dragons?

Wyverns are most logical, but I dont know how would a Wyvern ingame model look with a Tauren, without making Tauren too small, or Wyvern too big.

Or maybe creating some large bird, or Wind Spirit?

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Really tough question, and something with which Ominous Horizons grappled quite some time ago. I cannot remember what conclusions they came to. After writing this post, I believe they had some form(s) of Wyverns (including a "Spirit Wyvern", using said model (hidden & unused in 'Orc-Campaign') as an aerial caster), and an 'advanced aerial/ranged unit' in the form of 'Stone Drakes' (black dragons or summat). Really cool stuff they had planned; I would give that a definite look.

It's pretty much a given that unless it's something massive like a dragon, there's no logical, non-silly way to get a Tauren up in the air, flying (unless it's a Tauren child... But what are they doing in a war?).

Moving on, a very likely direction to go (what with the Tauren so much like Night Elves + Orcs), is to go with just plain "Creatures" that can fly. Makes sense for the nature-aligned & -worshipping Tauren to have a bevy of creatures they can call to their aid.
(^If so, remember they are in Kalimdor. Harpies are the enemy, but (Thunder)Hawks? Wyverns? Drakes? Make one up? etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.