• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[SD/Modeling] Walking wyvern/manticore/drake

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
Hi all,

I would like to request a model of a walking wyvern/manticore/drake. It is to be used as a high lvl RPG boss in a secluded mountain cave. But not so high lvl as to be a fully-fledged dragon (the Lindormr Dragon for example I would prefer not to use as it seems too powerful.) Think the comparison of a wyvern to a large dragon and then it is the former I am looking for.

Inspiration can be taken Heroes of Might and Magic 3 (Manticore) or Baldur's Gate (wyvern).

What I have in mind is something that fits well with a hilly, brownish-orange-bronze area. It needs to be walking, but if you also add flying animations that's great. Spell animations and more than one attack animation is preferable.

Thanks!

Level 34
Direfury made a cave dragon for a contest, wich has land and flying animations, it's kinda dated but it's still great nonetheless (i'm adding a couple color variants i made for it):

Also, have you tried with these ones?:

Attachments

• TemplarDragonAzure.mdx
    270.9 KB · Views: 2
  • TemplarDragonBlack.mdx
  • TemplarDragonBronze.mdx
    270.9 KB · Views: 3
  • TemplarDragonGreen.mdx
  • TemplarDragonPurple.mdx
  • TemplarDragonRed.mdx
    270.9 KB · Views: 3

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
Double-post. Could someone perhaps give the riderless wyvern walking and ground attack animations?

Edit: There is also this great Wyvern model Wyvern
My problem there is again the move animation. It is jumping too much up and down (I know it is based on the snap dragon). Would be nice if it could just move its legs like a regular lizard/dragon.

Last edited: