• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Trigger] fly height wont change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
  • Nuke
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Nuke (Demolisher)
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 nuke dummy unit for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at NukePoint[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add Storm Crow Form to (Last created unit)
      • Animation - Change (Last created unit) flying height to 0.00 at 500.00
      • Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Wait 2.00 seconds
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at NukePoint[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] using war3mapImported\NuclearExplosion.mdx
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
      • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage circular area after 0.50 seconds of radius 600.00 at NukePoint[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))], dealing (300.00 + (150.00 x (Real((Level of Nuke (Demolisher) for (Triggering unit)))))) damage of attack type Chaos and damage type Normal

for some reason the flying height wont change, can anyone propose why?

Level 5
try "begins the effect of an ability"

EDIT: "Starts the effect of an ability" i was close (wasnt looking). thanks Just_Spectating

Last edited:
Level 6
"Finishes casting an ability" only works on things such as channeling spells, spells have an actual casting time or lag time(flame strike, blink, and maybe wind walk), otherwise it doesn't detect the spell.

Level 18
The 'nuke dummy unit' needs to have movement type Flying and a minimum movement speed of 1.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, the
  • Unit - Add Storm Crow Form to (Last created unit)
command only causes the unit to have the ability available for use. If you want to give any purpose to that command, you need to create a
  • Unit - Issue Order ...'
to activate the Storm Crow Form ability.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Avator, what you said makes no sense and is not true. You do not need the nuke dummy to have flying movement type, neithor does it have to have a minimum speed of 1. Also you have to add and remove the ability for the trick to work, not issue any orders.

You have to add and remove the crow form ability and then change the flying height.

Also note that you are moving it from its current height to a height of 0 at the rate of 500 Z units a second. Thus if it's height is 0 it will not appear to move.

Level 18
It's a dummy unit for 2 seconds to activate 1 ability. What do you think people can do with that? Cause oblivion?
And if I'm not mistaken, a flying unit is supposed to walk over barriers. Both can be used in this case. In some cases you can only use your suggestion, and in some cases, you can only use mine.

So to me this is just a big discussion about nearly nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.