• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] spell ability dummy unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
How I can set up just when hero start effect a ability create a dummy unit, he go in point or target castet, this dummy damage the area with damage. I have try to put this trigger but I need control by you pls I give + rep who run 100% this trigger :xxd:.
:fp:Temp_point = point variable array 1

• Zoro
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Same as Demon
    • Stocks
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of (Casting unit) using Abilities \ Spells \ Undead \ RegenerationAura \ ObsidianRegenAura.mdl
      • Unit - Pause (Casting unit)
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
      • Unit - Create 1 Demon for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast))
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Go Temp_point [(Player number of (Owner of (Target unit of ability being cast)))]
      • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds at 200.00 radius of Temp_point [(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit )))], dealing 400.00 damage type of attack and damage type Spells Magic
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at Temp_point [(Player number of (Triggering player))] using Abilities \ Spells \ Undead \ Unsummon \ UnsummonTarget.mdl
      • Wait 2.00 seconds
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
      • Unit - Remove (Last created unit) from the game
      • Unit - Resume (Casting unit)

Level 14
You dont have to create a dummy to damage the area.

Im not sure, but if you want, that the area gets damage, when the demon is there, you have to damage the area after the Trigger-Wait.

Also, after the Wait, the local variables like "Last created unit" and "Casting unit" are not "good" anymore.
You should use a variable, to store the dummy unit and one for the effect.

The last thing is, its very dangerous to use the action "Damage Area", when there are people with Mac Computers playing, because there are some probs, dont know why.

Edit: yeah, lol i meant Globals, if i did not this would not make any sense^^

Last edited:
Level 9
Man... Try to solve this on your own, dont post here every problem you're getting on. Otherwise you wont learn anything.
This trigger is relatively easy to complete, you just have to add a variable to store the special effect to remove after a wait action and change few unit event-responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.