• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Floating Text Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hi Friends!
I'm having a problem With my Map's Triggering, Its like this:
an ability is used, and if the unit ability is used upon has buff X then the trigger will run, damaging the unit, making a floating text, seting the velocity of the floating text, waiting 0.50 Seconds and then destroying the floating text, thus giving the players time to read it, Problem is, when two players cast the same ability, the 0.50 wait makes a collosion, a conflict, and the floating text isnt destroyed, just keeps going up forever,
Please, Can Anyone Help this poor noob Bastard (me) in need?:goblin_cry:
(this poor noob bastard is working on his first serious map)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Make the text fade away naturally. That way it gets destroyed automatically after a time by the game engine so no further scripting is needed.

This is done by...
1. Disable permanence (you must specifically turn permanence off).
2. Setting fade point. This is needed for it to fade away after some time. Set this to a large number if you need the text readable for a long period of time.
3. Setting lifespan. This is how long it remains in existence. After the lifespan ends it will be automatically destroyed.

Level 29
Make the text fade away naturally. That way it gets destroyed automatically after a time by the game engine so no further scripting is needed.

This is done by...
2. Setting fade point. This is needed for it to fade away after some time. Set this to a large number if you need the text readable for a long period of time.
3. Setting lifespan. This is how long it remains in existence. After the lifespan ends it will be automatically destroyed.

lol cant believe i forgot about that. That is also in my tutorial.

Level 8

This is done by...

How Can i Do These? Sorry I'm A noob :(

Edit: I Found them, though not tested yet, thanks!
btw, another question, how can i make some spirit wolfs heal the master when they attack someone Equal to their damage?
to be exact, how can i set a variable to the attack damage Of A Unit?

Level 37
How Can i Do These? Sorry I'm A noob :(

Edit: I Found them, though not tested yet, thanks!
btw, another question, how can i make some spirit wolfs heal the master when they attack someone Equal to their damage?

Use a damage deterction system, look at the spell database.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
There is no easy way since it is impossible to read damage and even if you did, there would be a minimum and maximum damage value. Your best bet is to hard-code the value into a system and then modify that value by any buffs on the wolves.

Use a damage deterction system, look at the spell database.
Except that gets you the damage after reductions. I think he wants the wolves to deal damage (say 100) and heal based on the damage they dealt and not the damage inflicted (100% of 100 damage is 100 healed). If damage inflicted is used then a unit with 1650 armor would only take 1 damage so only 1 life is healed.

Status
Not open for further replies.