• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Floating Text Doesnt Work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
This may seem like a stupid question but my floating text doesnt work, it doesnt show in the regions i put them in.
  • Floating Text
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.05 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • -------- Barracks --------
      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads Barracks at (Center of Barracks <gen>) with Z offset 10.00, using font size 15.00, color (100.00%, 3.00%, 3.00%), and 5.00% transparency
      • Floating Text - Show (Last created floating text) for (All players)
      • Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Enable permanence
      • -------- Armoury --------
      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads Armoury at (Center of Armoury <gen>) with Z offset 10.00, using font size 15.00, color (100.00%, 3.00%, 3.00%), and 5.00% transparency
      • -------- Stables --------
      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads Stables at (Center of Stables <gen>) with Z offset 10.00, using font size 15.00, color (100.00%, 3.00%, 3.00%), and 5.00% transparency
      • -------- Apocethary --------
      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads Apocethary at (Center of Apocethary <gen>) with Z offset 10.00, using font size 15.00, color (100.00%, 3.00%, 3.00%), and 5.00% transparency
      • -------- Church --------
      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads Church at (Center of Church <gen>) with Z offset 10.00, using font size 15.00, color (100.00%, 3.00%, 3.00%), and 5.00% transparency
      • -------- Portal --------
      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads Elven Portal at (Center of Portal <gen>) with Z offset 10.00, using font size 15.00, color (100.00%, 3.00%, 3.00%), and 5.00% transparency
      • -------- Dwarven Caves --------
      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads Dwarven Caves at (Center of Dwarven Caves <gen>) with Z offset 10.00, using font size 15.00, color (100.00%, 3.00%, 3.00%), and 5.00% transparency
      • -------- Passage Room --------
      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads Passage Room at (Center of Passage Room <gen>) with Z offset 10.00, using font size 15.00, color (100.00%, 3.00%, 3.00%), and 5.00% transparency
none of these work lol(The first one i tried switching actions around.:eekani: It may seem like a noob Q but i cant seem to find the answer when i search for it. Help plz.

Level 5
i just tested out the FT code u provided and it worked fine for me:

• Floating Text
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.05 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads Test at (Center of Region 000 <gen>) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency

the only thing i could think of is that maybe you do not have ur regions defined or are in the wrong place. let me kno if it still doesnt work

always a pleasure to help fellow map makers :xxd:

Level 6
Lol it still doesnt work, all of my regions r on flat ground (except apocethary) which is on a 8 storey-high elevation but that shouldnt affect it? I also tried z offset=0 and everything to default...still doesnt work D:. Here are the steps i took to test it:
Step 1:Set region between the two barracks'
Step 2:Did the trigger. Notice: Trigger is set to default(except for transparency 5% and colour, and trigger actions are positioned differently-that doesnt change anything)
Step 3:I play the game and hey presto-No Floating text...:eekani::eekani::cry:

Attachments

• Pic 1.JPG
    Pic 1.JPG
    102.1 KB · Views: 64
  • Pic2.JPG
    Pic2.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 73
  • Pic3.jpg
    Pic3.jpg
    298.4 KB · Views: 77
Level 12
You're doing something wrong.

Make a new map and try using the trigger. It should work just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.