• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Why the heck this doens't works?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
  • Floating Texts
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Bosstext = (Center of Boss Point <gen>)
      • Set MissionText = (Center of Mission Point <gen>)
      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads Boss at Bosstext with Z offset 0.00, using font size 30.00, color (100.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%), and 0.00% transparency
      • Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Enable permanence
      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads Mission at MissionText with Z offset 0.00, using font size 30.00, color (0.00%, 100.00%, 0.00%), and 0.00% transparency
      • Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Enable permanence
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Bosstext)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_MissionText)

Level 20
but, there is only 2 floating text. Is it maybe the map initilization event?
should I use Time: Elapsed gaame time is: 0.00 seconds?

No, I did a short test with the same trigger and it worked so the problem is somewhere else.
Try putting a debug message there to see if it runs at all. If not, you have probably exceeded the op limit.

and 1 more thing, does this leaks? i'm not sure

• Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by Player 8 (Pink)) and do (Unit - Remove (Picked unit) from the game)

Yes. You'll need to add the group to a variable and destroy it afterwards.

Level 17
Since there is an hardcoded of 100 simultaneous texttags, make sure you don't create more than 100 texttags after these two ones.
But if i remember correctly, once you've reached this limit, new texttags will appear correctly, but an older one will be erased.

Also the range of the texttag size available is directly related to the wc3 resolution you've choiced, i remember that with a resolution A, the min size X will not be displayed, while it will be with an higher resolution, i don't know what happens with the max, but it should be the same, i mean the max size shouldn't be the same for the resolution A and the resolution B.

EDIT :

Oh and about the custom script for destroying groups :

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/triggers-scripts-269/things-leak-35124/index61.html#post1986307 (follow all the links)

Level 20
This is really weird. I tried to find the problem using elimination, but it started working after some random changes.

First, I deleted all triggers except the floating text one and it didn't work still so it's not trigger related.
But after deleting some objects and regions it worked.

Next time, I tried deleting just some regions and objects, but it didn't seem to work.

I'll do some more testing, but it seems pretty weird.

Level 20
have you found something?

Looks like a Warcraft bug to me. Later, even deleting some imports made it work.
I also got it working by simply making another trigger that created a floating text, but this didn't work always.

I also noticed that .wpm (path map) and .shd (shadow map) files are pretty large in size, about 800KBs each which is unusual.

The only solution I can think of is to optimize the map somehow, map loading time is very long, probably caused by those large files; maybe this is somehow making initialization work improperly.

Level 18
Looks like a Warcraft bug to me. Later, even deleting some imports made it work.
I also got it working by simply making another trigger that created a floating text, but this didn't work always.

I also noticed that .wpm (path map) and .shd (shadow map) files are pretty large in size, about 800KBs each which is unusual.

The only solution I can think of is to optimize the map somehow.

.wpm and .shd, can those be deleted freely? and where did you found those?

Level 18
ok. ! more question before u go to sleep:

why is this cinematic trigger not working:

• Starting Cinematic
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode On for (All players)
      • Cinematic - Turn on letterbox mode (hide interface) for (All players): fade out over 2.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Disable user control for (All players)
      • Cinematic - Turn subtitle display override On
      • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Death Bringer 0123 <gen> named Doc: Play No sound and display |cffffcc00Welcome t.... Modify duration: Add 0.00 seconds and Wait
      • Wait 6.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode Off for (All players)
      • Cinematic - Turn off letterbox mode (show interface) for (All players): fade in over 2.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Enable user control for (All players)
      • Cinematic - Turn subtitle display override Off
      • Trigger - Run Game Mode Dialog <gen> (ignoring conditions)
      • Trigger - Run Start Special Event Timer <gen> (ignoring conditions)
      • Trigger - Run Next Wave Start Timer <gen> (ignoring conditions)
I men why this is not showing:

Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Death Bringer 0123 <gen> named Doc: Play No sound and display |cffffcc00Welcome t.... Modify duration: Add 0.00 seconds and Wait

Level 20
ok. ! more question before u go to sleep:

why is this cinematic trigger not working:

• Starting Cinematic
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode On for (All players)
      • Cinematic - Turn on letterbox mode (hide interface) for (All players): fade out over 2.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Disable user control for (All players)
      • Cinematic - Turn subtitle display override On
      • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Death Bringer 0123 <gen> named Doc: Play No sound and display |cffffcc00Welcome t.... Modify duration: Add 0.00 seconds and Wait
      • Wait 6.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode Off for (All players)
      • Cinematic - Turn off letterbox mode (show interface) for (All players): fade in over 2.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Enable user control for (All players)
      • Cinematic - Turn subtitle display override Off
      • Trigger - Run Game Mode Dialog <gen> (ignoring conditions)
      • Trigger - Run Start Special Event Timer <gen> (ignoring conditions)
      • Trigger - Run Next Wave Start Timer <gen> (ignoring conditions)
I men why this is not showing:

Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Death Bringer 0123 <gen> named Doc: Play No sound and display |cffffcc00Welcome t.... Modify duration: Add 0.00 seconds and Wait
It displays for me oO

Level 20
oh my god, what's wrong with my map, I tried to delete as many import as i can, deleted over 2 mb of files..... have you found the problem?

I'm sorry for not being more helpful, but since the problem is not in triggers, it's hard to tell.

I tried again deleting all the triggers and variables except things related to floating texts to make sure, but it still didn't work.

Try reducing the amount of objects in object editor maybe.
If nothing helps, make a new map and copy everything to it except terrain.
You can speed up this process using mpq master by exporting files and importing them to new map.

Before making any changes, make a backup of old map in case this doesn't help.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Make sure you are not using GUI arrays in a stupid way.

Declaring a few 8000 sized arrays will cause the initialization thread to crash so no triggers are initialized. Worse still is if you do not hit that limit when initializaing variables but are close to it as some triggers will work but others will not.

Most array types do not need to use the size field. JASS arrays are dynamic arrays up to size 2^13.

Level 20

Declaring a few 8000 sized arrays will cause the initialization thread to crash so no triggers are initialized. Worse still is if you do not hit that limit when initializaing variables but are close to it as some triggers will work but others will not.

Most array types do not need to use the size field. JASS arrays are dynamic arrays up to size 2^13.
tuturu
I tried again deleting all the triggers and variables except things related to floating texts to make sure, but it still didn't work.

Level 20
Please do not tell me you inserted a native decleration into your script instead of calling it with appopiate arguments...

How can you know they are initially visible if they are not appearing?

I meant the GUI line given proper arguments, obviously.

I made an exactly same trigger in a new map to make sure the problem's not with it.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I made an exactly same trigger in a new map to make sure the problem's not with it.
And the problem is not this?

How many triggers you have in the map? Each trigger runs code on map initialization so there is in theory a limit.

We might require seeing the map.

Status
Not open for further replies.