• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Flames of Draenor (Name pending.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
Flames of Draenor

What is Flames of Draenor?
Flames of Draenor is a strategy map based within the events of WCII: Beyond the Dark Portal. For more information on the game, visit our development thread here.
What are we looking for?

Currently, we are looking for one or two dedicated triggerers. We are also accepting any and all people who wish to help with ideas and suggestions.
Joining Requirements

If you wish to join this project, you must

1. Have a Skype or Steam and be able to regularly keep in contact with me and each other.

2. Be dedicated to the project and help to the best of your ability.

3. Have moderate experience in which job you are taking (triggering or terraining)

4. Show me a simple sample of your work, anything.

If you wish to apply, simply post below with a link to the download of your sample and your Skype/Steam name. You may also PM me if you wish, but my inbox is getting full.
The Team

Takakenji - Project Leader, Unit Developer, Balancer, Terrainer
Conflate - Ideas and Suggestions, Unit Developer, Balancer
Biggrouse - Ideas and Suggestions, Unit Developer, Balancer
Mr_Bean987 - Triggerer
Darkgrom - Triggerer
Stormage - Terrain helper, Ideas

Last edited:
Level 7
Hi there, I'm interested in taking part, my skills are best at terraining and object editing but probably terraining is my strongest asset.

I had started a map similar to this based on outland some time ago, however the team lost interest and the project was canceled, I am also a big fan of the WC3 storyline. If your interested I can send you the terrain that featured in my outland map, even if you decide not to use it you can atleast see an example of my work. So far only Zangarmarsh and Nagrand have been worked on but it might atleast be a starting point.

Can I ask what kind of economy this strategy map will feature, will it have spawns, control point income or typical mellee gold mine type economy?

Will this map also feature the Darkportal and the region of Blasted Lands?

Level 31
Hi there, I'm interested in taking part, my skills are best at terraining and object editing but probably terraining is my strongest asset.

I had started a map similar to this based on outland some time ago, however the team lost interest and the project was canceled, I am also a big fan of the WC3 storyline. If your interested I can send you the terrain that featured in my outland map, even if you decide not to use it you can atleast see an example of my work. So far only Zangarmarsh and Nagrand have been worked on but it might atleast be a starting point.

Can I ask what kind of economy this strategy map will feature, will it have spawns, control point income or typical mellee gold mine type economy?

Will this map also feature the Darkportal and the region of Blasted Lands?

Yes, it will have some Warsong Camps, Shattered Hand Camps, and Nethergarde Keep as bases outside the Dark Portal in the Blasted Lands.

The map's economy is an income economy based off how many bases you have. EX: The Shadowmoon Clan recieves XXX gold every minute for having Black Temple. If Black Temple or any other base is destroyed, he permanently loses that source of income, so protector your bases is very important, and rushing them can be strategic. The amounts have not been decided yet, and will further in development.

Also, I'll check out the map, and maybe we can use it.

Level 2
Hello there :D i can beta test for you if u like, And brainstorm ideas ;)

i have skype so send me a pm of u would like to add me!

Level 7
So how many people are you looking to recruit? Can you list the different factions by Player please? Also what heroes are you planing for each faction? Sorry for all the questions just trying to get a better idea of the map.

Ok see your email for the map, it's size 254 x 254 with a unit scale of %90 I hope thats big enough, theres enough spare room on the northwest and northeast for Blasted lands region or afew dungeons. The map was made with an ealier verion of dreanor in mind, before the Continent was shattered so theres still rolling shores but they can easily be replaced by sharp cliffs.

Level 31
We are currently working on the details for the factions right now, by the time you read this they'll probably be done. I'll edit them to the original post once they are ready.

Also, I am intending to only recruit a terrainer and one or two triggerers, and then other people can help with ideas.

Edit: My thoughts on the map.

I definitely like the terrain, and I'd be willing to take you in if you'd like. But we'll need to restart because since this is a strategy map, terrain effects the gameplay a lot (such as chokepoints and flanking). This terrain wouldn't be very good for a strategy map as it was designed for looks (I think) and not strategical moving. I also intended for this map to be bigger, atleast 300x300+. The list of all the factions, their heroes, and their bases are coming soon, too.

Last edited:
Level 17
Hi, man ! I also want to join...I LOVE Warcraft II and I know just about everything in the editor...:)
Terraining - 10/10
Object Editor - 10/10
Modelling - 7 :))
Triggering - 8-9 (GUI)
AI - 10

Overall I think Terraining, Object Editing and AI editing are my best assets. Thanks !
Skype I don't have but I can make an account, and I'm able to keep regular contact except for some days when I'll let you know as I have to work. As for the sample what would you like to see ? A terrain map ?

Level 31
Hi, man ! I also want to join...I LOVE Warcraft II and I know just about everything in the editor...:)
Terraining - 10/10
Object Editor - 10/10
Modelling - 7 :))
Triggering - 8-9 (GUI)
AI - 10

Overall I think Terraining, Object Editing and AI editing are my best assets. Thanks !
Skype I don't have but I can make an account, and I'm able to keep regular contact except for some days when I'll let you know as I have to work. As for the sample what would you like to see ? A terrain map ?

Sure, all we need is a sample map showing your skills you want to apply for.

Level 2
Hi, I'd like to apply to help with this map. I have skype and am able to maintain contact most of the week. I'm a decent triggerer and idealist, but my strongest point in this instance would be that I'm a very strategic-minded person. I study wars and battles to look at the different tactic discoveries just for SnGs. I'd be able to help point out a couple of things with the layout of the terrain and suggest some more layout ideas if need be. I can also make units; I'm very good at making them balanced. If you need me, just PM me. I'll be working on a grid-terrain strategic display sample map. You'll see what I mean when you view it. :wink:

EDIT: Okay, made the sample. I'll attach it to this post. I know some of the labels are unneeded but I thought they would help describe what I was doing. The mountain on the right is the only terrain textured thing in the map. Terrain variation is NOT one of my strong points so I'll just stick to the essence of strategic implementation.

Attachments

• Tactics Sample.w3x
    46.7 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Level 2
Takakenji - Project Leader, Unit Developer, Balancer, Terrainer
Conflate - Ideas and Suggestions, Unit Developer, Balancer
Biggrouse - Ideas and Suggestions, Unit Developer, Balancer
Mr_Bean987 - Triggerer
Darkgrom - Triggerer
Stormrage - Terrain helper, Ideas

It's Stormage =_=. No problem though, common misconception. The name came out of an element of Battleships a few years back; not Illidan.

Status
Not open for further replies.