• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Draenor RISK - A world reimagined...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
For my new map, Draenor RISK, I'm hoping to make several innovations for the WoW Risk formula. Currently, Outland RISK has all the triggers WoW RISK does.

What I really, really need help with is in creating the new systems/modes.

Here's what I want to add, taken directly from the Draenor RISK thread.

Story Mode

This would replace AvH in WoW Risk. Most multi-player war maps on Wc3, like Azeroth Wars, jump straight into the action and provide very little background and very little in-game narrative. Story Mode, however, will have more of a 'story' feeling to it, where players feel like history is unfolding before them, but that they are also in control. This would be similar to what Blizzard does for their RTS campaign modes. It tells a great story but its still a game, not a novel.

Another thing about Story Mode is that I want it to have a different opening cinematic for each race. They would not be voice acted. The problem is that I don't know if this it is possible to have different opening cinematics in the same game. This would be priority number one for the triggerer, as i want to know if it is possible before I start working on any design for the opening cinematics.

After the cinematic, a small text will probably appear, customized to each race, that would be something like this:

“You have chosen to play as the Romants. Your story begins with the founding of Rom, a small city-state. Surrounding your fragile kingdom are tribes of Mantis and Spiders. Conquer them and add their strength to your insectoid empire!”

Then, throughout the game, I'd like certain events to further expand on the story and tell more about each race and their beliefs and culture. It could work like this:
*The Romants have conquered all of the insect races and regions*
The Romants settling of the West is near complete. With the full strength of Khaléri's insectoid races marshaled under one Emporer, the Romants set about civilizing their various tribes and reinforcing their hold on their new Empire. The majority of your resources are therefore allocated to constructing roads, building temples and securing your borders.
*Players income is then halved for 5 turns but towers are constructed at the borders of the Romant Empire*

This is just an example, the narrative might get more in-depth, I'm open to ideas.

Then I also need help with Special Events and a couple changes to gameplay, like automatically replacing a player's current bases with a second tier base once their income (or gold maybe) passes a certain point, and then reversed when their income drops below a certain point.

Thanks for any responses!<3

Status
Not open for further replies.