• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Draenor RISK - A world reimagined...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I don't think Nickel is gona make a Collosi race anymore, he might put them in elementals though. And I hope this doesn't suffer the same fate as Outland Risk... Also is this still Outland-Draenor or just Draenor alone? I kinda forgot xD

Level 8
Btw, if you don't know, there is an Outland UTM made by Verhaltur. Search it up in the maps section. It's got loads of Draenei and models never seen on the Hive.

Yeah I've been checking it out thanks.

Im seeing this thread after a long time,but what happened to the Hauren and where did the kragwhatevers come from?

You could have the burning legion which are enemies to all..and very hard to stop unless all players come together (Vary thier strength against no. of players).This can also come on handy if one is playing singleplayer

Hauren were getting some negative feedback so I kind of replaced them with the Defiled/Wauren, but I may still add them back or some other elemental worshipping race.

I could add the burning legion, but it doesn't seem like they were a very big presence on Draenor, except for their influences on the Orcs.

Seeing as I've been editing for a while (I don't mean experience, like literally editing) and that it's a bit late I might not be completely lucid. Seems interesting. Note that 2 of the bearman picture attachments no longer work though. I'll say more in-depth tomorrow.

Hey thanks for posting eagleman! Please do give me some more in-depth commentary tomorrow :). I also updated the original thread (just the race section) and fixed those pictures thanks.

@Levdragon, I removed the Hauren, but kept the Bearung, I just updated them if you've read my initial post. As for colossi, I may still add them but as an elite unit for some race, I still have one race for Khaleri I need to fill and I'm thinking it will somehow be related to the Colossi and/or elementals.

Level 2
Colossi with elementals sounds good! HOw many races in total?
And about the story mode. What about instead of the normal money rq for the tier 2 units, a "capture req" so that you have to capture a specific zone... or trigger a specific event maybe...

Level 8
Yeah I'm currently working on Story Mode, might take a while its kind of complicated. Also need a dang good triggerer to get it all implemented.

And... original post will be updated soon, thanks in no small part to indomitable!

Hi Im_in_ur_closet :)

Level 1
It actually seems like a customiseable version of Lordaeron Tactics or Dark Ages of Warcraft, a bit like a cross between a RISK and a Spawn based strategy, but featuring the best of both genres. I think that it will enhance the aspects which have made both types of maps popular (e.g the randomness of each RISK match and the drive and intricacy of a spawn based strategy). The amount of races available is only low if you look at it as an imitation of WOW RISK, which it is not really.
Some ideas that you have shown Nickel are brilliant, such as the damage based on Terrain.
The plan for 20 units per race, while it sounds good, may be slightly hard to implement. Maybe if you had three submenus (Magic, Piercing, Normal) for each of the unit types would make enough room for all the units planned? It would also keep things tidy and easily manageable.
The great thing about this map, is that Pre Nerzhul Draenor is relatively unexplored, which will give you the opportunity to go crazy with your ideas :D
(I apologise if I have repeated things that have been said, I just skimmed the thread)

Level 2
The thing about that is, when people need to make a lot of different types of units fast, that could pose a problem, for they would need to switch menus a lot which could end a battle, for a lot of battles are just mass wars, while others actually rely on the type of units you make... Others are both.

Also: Is the spawn based just for Story Mode?

Level 8
Umm I don't think any mode will be spawn-based. I think he was just comparing Story Mode to spawn-based games.

Also I agree with Navy, menus is not an option. People need troops! NOW

:) thanks for comments guys

Level 2
3 sub-menus would also need more than 20 units to fill out... I think 20 unit are a good idea, the problem is just to find original models so you dont just enlarge/color the models differently...
Edit: why is some of the MP map grey? are you only going to include that or all of the map?
Edit x2: And why not call the Dreaorcs "The Outcasts" instead...

Level 2
Garona wasn't cast out so why would they be? And you could also call them "The Discrepant" or something more creative if your were to change it at all...

Level 8
OK I got a question, 2 people have told me they cannot see the map in the first post and they can't see the terrain screenshot in the hidden tabs. Would someone else please confirm this?

And fatty, I assume then you did see all of the map in the first post?

Maybe you have never seen Blizzard's original Draenor map from Wc2, it is the grey area you speak of :). Here's an image of Blizzard's Draenor map -
draenor.jpg

and here is a picture of the expanded Draenor map that ZIZUZAZU did -
197474-albums4248-picture40536.jpg

We are really wanting to make the second map look something like the first, to make it more legit, would make an awesome loading screen. So if you're able to do computer photo editting and want to flesh out Draenor RISK's map, please let me know, we'd really appreciate it.

Thanks guys.

Edit: Navy was that sarcasm? o_O
Also Draeorcs name could change, it hasn't been finalized but they won't be a playable race anymore, they'll be tied to an event more likely.

Level 2
Very sarcastic... Look at mine and fatties ideas if you like them... And it would be quite odd to make the second map look like the first... Why not make it look like the map of LotR in the book.

Level 8
Here ya go! The Vined Ruins tileset and some matching models. It's a bit off, but I'm too lazy to fix it yet.. I also added some pathing maps, but you need to set the scale to 4 or something. The door and drawbridge are based on stuff from the UTM.

I left out the big gate. Apparently the gate was taken from wow, but you can get it here: http://xgm.ru/tag/models?page=18

I'll probably edit the post in a few days to get rid of the attachments.

Attachments

• VRuinCliff.blp
    275.9 KB · Views: 78
  • VRuins_LargeBricks.blp
    176.6 KB · Views: 106
  • VRuins_Staircase.BLP
    90.6 KB · Views: 77
  • VRuins_Door.MDX
    13.5 KB · Views: 73
  • VRuinsObelisk0.mdx
    4.8 KB · Views: 77
  • VRuinsVines.blp
    110.2 KB · Views: 76
  • VRuinsPillar0.mdx
    9 KB · Views: 62
  • VRuinsArchway0_0.mdx
    11.9 KB · Views: 66
  • VRuins_Turbine.mdx
    11.1 KB · Views: 63
  • VRuins_Drawbridge.mdx
    12.8 KB · Views: 73
  • VRuinPlant0.MDX
    3.4 KB · Views: 69
  • VRuinPlant1.MDX
    3.4 KB · Views: 67
  • VRuinVines0.mdx
    1.8 KB · Views: 74
  • VRuinVines1.mdx
    1.8 KB · Views: 61
  • VRuinsWall00.mdx
    3.9 KB · Views: 66
  • VRuinsWall02.mdx
    4.5 KB · Views: 68
  • ArcVRuinPathing.tga
    2 KB · Views: 65
  • VRuinsWall04.mdx
    3.3 KB · Views: 74
  • VRuinsWall03.mdx
    3.9 KB · Views: 63
  • VRuinsWall01.mdx
    4.6 KB · Views: 80
  • VRuinWallPath1.tga
    2.1 KB · Views: 62
  • VRuinWallPath2.tga
    1.9 KB · Views: 64
  • VRuinWallPath3.tga
    1.9 KB · Views: 74
  • VRuinWallPath4.tga
    1.2 KB · Views: 72
  • VRuinsGate.mdx
    18.9 KB · Views: 70
  • ArcPlagued.blp
    56.9 KB · Views: 74
Level 8
Very sarcastic... Look at mine and fatties ideas if you like them... And it would be quite odd to make the second map look like the first... Why not make it look like the map of LotR in the book.

Because then it will make the second one feel like the first, like it actually is what Blizzard intended to be the enlarged Draenor. It would make a great loading screen. Why LotR?? the map looks nice enough but it wouldn't feel like Wc3.

@skycraft; Thanks! More to come soon, also looking for a good triggerer.
Nice sig btw =p

Level 2
I'm just sayin' that would be easier, considering you would only have to draw it, not try to make it perfect on like a computer... But it would be better, no doubt.

Level 8
New Terrain screenshots added! I'm very pleased with what Zizuzazu has done for for the terrain. Check it out, feedback is appareciated and + rep for doing so :)

Edit: @navyseal, thats not a bad idea actually, but now I need a 2-D artist who can make it look legit.

Level 8
Good work on the map so far Nickel, I love the way you've made Draenor 2.0 look :)

A suggestion if it already has not been put forwards, but perhaps make 5-6 orc factions, for each clan, they would have different units, but some would have similar units, such as Grunt, Raider etc.

Suggestions for Main Clans:

Blackrock Clan - Balanced Units
Shadow Council - Magic Based
Warsong Clan - Faster, Mobile units i.e - 2 types of mounted units maybe?
Twilight's Hammer Clan - Magic/Melee based, You can include a few ogre units :)
Shadowmoon Clan - Support/Magic based, again ogres are valued here!
Bleeding Hollow Clan - Balanced Units, a bit more to melee though

Hope you liked this idea :)

Level 2
I don't know whether or not this is true, but wouldn't it take too long to make individual units for each clan, and customize it all... Just seems like it would be true.

Level 1
Zizu speaks.

First, I am going to insert this face here because it's so fitting. :vw_wtf: right, then to the point. I somehow accidentally end up to check out this channel, oh em gee... I will probably work further on the terrain, -probably- yes. It is currently playable, not perfect, not finest of my works, but it is playable. I also am going to -probably- work on Outland risk map, the previous one, this all will come sooner or later, not immediately. For I lack inspiration, currently. And that's bout it, I hope you all will enjoy the terrain(s) and I hope you don't hate me and burn me at the stakes for modifying world of Draenor such a huge lot...

Level 8
OK sorry for the delay, but here's the new screenshots, ALL TERRAIN DONE BY ZIZUZAZU. All feedback (and compliments =p) are welcome.

Attachments

• Bearung Forest.jpg
    Bearung Forest.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 390
  • Bug Capital.jpg
    Bug Capital.jpg
    235.1 KB · Views: 444
  • Krag.jpg
    Krag.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 355
  • Orc City.jpg
    Orc City.jpg
    226.3 KB · Views: 3,471
  • Shadowmoon Stronghold.jpg
    Shadowmoon Stronghold.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 768
  • Other Area.jpg
    Other Area.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 357
  • Shattrath.jpg
    Shattrath.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 7,732
Level 8
That's actually Krag, not Zangarmarsh. Thanks for nice comments Foxy and Lev! I'll have to get Zizu to read your replies, I know he'd appreciate it. <3

Level 8
Thanks nick, I'll be posting more too from now on:)

Your welcome Miss Foxy! Thanks for the continued support, I'm actually going to work on Outland Risk until the 20th, so the only progress made on Draenor up until then will either be by Zizuzazu or none at all. But soon after I start working on Draenor, I'll have to begin learning Jass, no one has volunteered for that position so I guess I'll have to learn it, but I should learn it anyways if I'm going to make Draenor into what I want it to be. I'll keep you guys updated, but the progress will likely be slow, I can only imagine learning Jass is not quick.

Level 1
I am sorry because my way of writing appears depressed. Forgive me. I however have read comments and such! Spent a good while to it. I appreciate it, them all! And it in fact inspires me to continue working on the map. Zizu out.

Status
Not open for further replies.