• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Cinematic] First Cinematic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Ok well this is my first Cinematic (updated) it now shows the Boom with the final Effects done to it)
Um due to the point that its not a in game file and just a File to show some info on the game i'm makeing
It shows three spells and the Ending of the Dark War
(with the last Remaining Necromancer: Fleecher and the King: Leon)
Going to add in some music later. Any Suggestions?
Any Info on how i may be able to make the video better please let me know and i'll take any thoughts on it good or bad
Its there but needs to uploaded fully first
I would like to add voice actors into it so its better

Last edited:
Level 13
The Necromancer is also going to do the Spell Animation to make it look like hes changing the units to ghouls
Ok well it has a Thrid Person view of the Necromancer now when it rotates bhide it

Last edited:
Level 12
one advice, if one char. is telling about something/someone, 99% people moves camera to that thing/person after the first char. finished his speaking. Move it during he speaks. It will look more like movie.

Second thing, if some units are moving and you want them to be in visible of camera whole time of moving, dont move the camera in the same way and same angle. Make camera to go against them, or from one side to the front side or etc.

third thing-you never have enought cameras, use more, and change them more often, and if it is possible, camera should be still in movement, maybe in slow, but in movement.

Level 13
ok computer is reformated so now i can get back to work
thx to my cousin that KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT the editor
a new spell has been created

Last edited:
Level 18
Anyway watched again you made improvements :

+ more camera movement
+ more angles
+ some music

but it still lacks this:

constant camera movement. You shouldn't keep the camera at one place at anytime. so when your camera is at one place, apply another camera near to it over 120 seconds, it will make a little movement which is much better then no movement. Also I didn't very much like the angle behind the necromancer.

Also try raising the terrain it is to flat, Just a bit raise now and then not too much would make it better.

You listened and improved thats important and good. I will rep+ for improvmenet when I will be able to do it again.

Level 14
Well, I'm not really sure what this is, but I'll stick to the cinematic part of the movie.

Anyway, as was mentioned, you should add more camera movement, better angles and avoid going through doodads.

Better music, preferably not w3. I know that people who rarely play warcraft aren't sick of it, but most people are which is why custom music is always a plus(well, if it's good that is).

Since it's a short cinematic you might add some custom unit meshes or textures as well.

Better effects perhaps? The current ones are pretty good, but since it is a 1 minute cinematic you might want to expand on that.

Also, try to make it longer than 1 minute xD

The terrain is alright, not bad but nothing amazing either. Maybe add some unique landscape and more atmosphere to the lot.

Level 13
it was my first time makeing one
the terrain sucks cuz i cant do terrain at all
music well um i sorta ran out of DLs that month LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.