• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Cinematic] My first cinematic...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
This is my first cinematic, and the opening to my campaign I'm making. it's a little boring, but I don't really know how to make it any better...constructive criticism would be nice.

View attachment Opening.w3x

There's a bit of unused terrain stuff that I decided not to use, don't worry about any of it...

Edit: This wasn't the final version. I made it better, but it didn't save.

Last edited:
Level 2
Wasn't perfect, some of the dialogue was shown for only a few seconds. However, the dialogue was pretty good, your starting on something..

Level 5
Hmm, alright I'll make the dailogue longer then. Also I have an idea I could add on...will update it in a bit, thanks for the reply. :wink:

Alright, I made the dialogue longer and added a part showing what happened to Felore. If the dialogue is still too short, I can increase it more.

Updated again, with longer dialogue (I still thought it was a bit short). It might be a bit long now, but gives you just enough time to read and look at terrain. So anything else I should fix/add? :confused:
View attachment Opening.w3x

Last edited:
Level 5
I tested now, it was actually very nice for 1st cinematic imo. But as mentioned the dialol is too fast, I really wasn't able to read half of some dialogs

Oh, I updated the cinematic...I had someone else watch it, they told me it was enough time. Which parts aren't long enough? I can try and fix it. Anyway, thanks for the reply. :wink:

Edit: I updated this, and made the dialogue long enough but...I hit save, and it didn't work...I might redo it in awhile, but I'm just going to work on other maps in my campaign for now. :sad:

Last edited:
Level 3
Make some hills. weather maybe. try to spin the cammera more at the elfs camp. And i would start the cinematic with a trigger map initialization cuz that looks lika a bug in the beggining. (you can see the mini map which is cida empty). Maybe spin the camera when charecters talk cuz its kinda boring if you do not read. Maybe show some other views like when malfurion talks about other camps you could show that camp. But the cinematik is pretty darn good id say :)

Level 5
Make some hills. weather maybe. try to spin the cammera more at the elfs camp. And i would start the cinematic with a trigger map initialization cuz that looks lika a bug in the beggining. (you can see the mini map which is cida empty). Maybe spin the camera when charecters talk cuz its kinda boring if you do not read. Maybe show some other views like when malfurion talks about other camps you could show that camp. But the cinematik is pretty darn good id say :)

Alright, thanks. I'll keep this in mind when i finish some of my other maps in the campaign, and finish this.

Level 7
Nice work and story. I only didn't get the flames at the begining that kill the priestess. Did the satyr at the back summon them? He didn't show any animation and I doubt he would let them speak for so long. Overall nice cinematic I would definitely watch on. :)

Level 2
I like it, if you want some help, or any doubt in this map or any other of your campaign just MP :)
I've been working on cinematics a lot so I can give you some good tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.