• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Cinematic] Orc Encampment (First Ever)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Ok this is my first cinematic EVER :grin: It took a while to make. So I hope you enjoy! Please give "Harsh" criticism

It is about a very small Orc encampment. With two grunts. Short story about their day and the past.

Edit:
I have fixed most of the bugs. Made it better etc. I hope this is better.

Attachments

• Orc Encampment.w3x
    83.4 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
Level 12
the ending is missing, in cinematic if you dont turn of cinematic mode, there is no way except alt+f4 to close the game (you didnt make there skipping triger or victory...)

make more cameras, you have NEVER enought cameras in cinematic. And well, when there is dialoge of two same units type, it is confusing to see who is who

Level 31
Send transmission should use set to xxx seconds instead of add to xxx seconds

Also, you should have just use turn on trigger or execute trigger instead of elapsed time as elapsed time ain't that accurate.

No victory condition at the ending of the cinematic, causing it to bugged.

I did not watch your cinematic, but based on the triggering you have done. I would said I do not have the interest to watch it cause it is right now bugged.

As for now, 1/5 (Unacceptable)

Level 24
Ok well the camera needs to change a lot more. Also it defiantly need a victory condition so that the cinematic can end. The terrain could use some fog, and it a flat flat in some places, but could also be smoothed a bit in some places.

For the two Orcs I suggest giving them different team colours or something so that the viewer can see who is talking more easily.

The camera was still most of the time, and you should be changing the camera constantly, especially during the battle scene. There needed to have been a lot more cameras during the battle scene, rather then just having the camera rotating around the battle constantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.