• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Cinematic] My First Cinematic Ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hi. I'm new to war3 modding and i decided i should try to make a cinematic
There is no text its just a fight between a dreadlord and a crypt lord(i made it today,i discovered alot of stuff in 5 hours , i had no idea on how to make cinematics when i started this so it took me some time it lasts a puny 30 sec)
I know it kinda sucks and i really want to get some good advice on how to improve my skills

Attachments

• map.w3x
    25.5 KB · Views: 119
Level 10
Hey, I'd say this is not bad for a first try. Two little things at first to prevent that you make people angry while they test:
- give your map a proper name, no matter if there is no story. Maybe just call it "First Cinematic Try" or whatever, but not "Just another Warcraft III map".
- make it skipable or at least just let it finish in the end any other way than quitting the program. This trigger will make your cinematic skipable whenever anybody may want it:
  • Skip Cine
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (red) skips a cinematic sequence
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Cinematic - Fade out over 2.00 seconds using texture white mask and color 0%, 0%, 0%
      • Wait 2.00 seconds
      • Game - Victory Player 1 (red) skipping dialogues, skipping scores
Oh and the worst aspect on the cinematic was of course the terrain. You should add some things here to have a nice background!
A cinematic always needs music to create atmosphere. Use ingame music or import any custom one, but it should be timed in a way that it always fits to the scene.
Finally, try to work with the camera more. Well, there are many people who have more experience than you and do this job maybe even worse, but well done cinematography is always nice, so try to make use of your nearly unlimited possibilities to move the view through the ingame world.

I hope this tips may help you... have fun with mapping and don't give up! :wink:

Level 6
thnx for the hints
Here is an edit

Attachments

• cryptlord-dreadlord fight.w3x
    32.8 KB · Views: 108
Status
Not open for further replies.