• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

First Attempt at Voice Acting

Status
Not open for further replies.

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
Frostwhisper's Soundsets

So, I guess the title says it all... This is supposed to be a demonic, dreadlordish sound set. Could be used as a dark wizard as well I suppose. Anyway, I'll be glad to hear your opinions.

EDIT: More soundsets can be found throughout the thread as I work on them...

Last edited:
Level 6
Kudos to your first attempt. I like some of them, but many are extremely cheesy and superficial. I think you tried too hard to mimic the original WC funny voices. The echo is more annoying than anything; it really doesn't help the demonic theme. Try for a change in pitch or bass to add a guttural effect in forming a demon's voice. Well done though. Keep practicing with all kinds of different voices.

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
K thanks for your comments. I know they sound a bit cheesy, I'll strive for originality next time. The echo was supposed to mimic the dreadlord's echo, but it didn't turn out the same, I'll work on it too, and of course I'll try new effects each time.

EDIT: Made a new one today. So basically its a soundset for a goblin hero in the campaign I'm making. So this is what I came up with: this time has a theme, no annoying echo, and could be useful for any goblin-machine unit/hero. There are a lot of lines so I put them in two different archives (one with the What, Yes, and Attack lines and one with the Pissed, Ready and Warcry ones). The number of lines is such so that it can fully replace the HeroTinker in-game lines. All of them are done by me, except the machine gun, explosion and Nuclear Launch sounds (credits to Blizzard Entertainment for those).

P.S. Since I decided to make more sounds like this one and I did not want to make a new thread, I shall store all my new soundsets in this one, so the current title is kinda useless. Thats why if one of the moderators could rename it to something along the lines of "Frost's Soundsets" I would be quite grateful. Enjoy my soundsets, give some credit if you use them and again, I welcome any constructive criticism to make me improve. I hope to get a better microphone soon...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.