• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Trill's Voice Sets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I needed a few voice sets for my project, so I decided to make them myself.

First one is for an old human warlock. I'll be remaking this one, since I ended up using a young-looking model for the warlock, but there's no reason to let this one go to waste.
I used it to replace Night Elf Runner soundset, hence the Ready line became 5th Yes.

Second one is for a one-headed Ogre Lord that doesn't suffer from brain damage like most Ogres. Could be used for an orc or a demon as well, I guess.
I used it to replace Malfurion soundset.

Any kind of feedback, input, advice, or criticism is extremely welcome. I tried to make them good, but its hard to hear flaws in own work =/
(note that annoying "tzzk" sound at the end of some lines only appears in VLC, and doesn't appear in-game)

I'll keep adding more, hopefully.

Enjoy and give credit if you use them in your map. And please don't redistribute them.

EDIT: In general I avoid Pissed lines, because they take up space, but mostly because I can't think of fun things to say. Ideas are welcome =)

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Ironically you've mentioned sound sets expiring in pastebins but instead of uploading the archives, you also used pastebin.

"Call me [?]"

Try using Audacity. It's free and neat. You should read/view some tutorials about the effects and how to manipulate sound waves in that they are levelled/equalized and have an adequate amplitude overall. Some of the recordings have loud parts.

Human's What5=Ready.

Another thing you should try, is to get a better microphone because recording in low quality distorts results in sound distorsion which can hardly be "fixed" by software afterwards.
Don't speak, especially scream, directly towards or into the microphone. Keep a distance and an angle. You can increase the amplitude/volume with Audacity or other programs afterwards.

Level 9
Ironically you've mentioned sound sets expiring in pastebins but instead of uploading the archives, you also used pastebin.
Except I set them to never expire.

"Call me [?]"
"Call me Tim."

Human's What5=Ready.
Yeah, Runner sound set has 5 What lines, had to substitute the Ready one.

Try using Audacity. It's free and neat. You should read/view some tutorials about the effects and how to manipulate sound waves in that they are levelled/equalized and have an adequate amplitude overall. Some of the recordings have loud parts.
Another thing you should try, is to get a better microphone because recording in low quality distorts results in sound distorsion which can hardly be "fixed" by software afterwards.
Don't speak, especially scream, directly towards or into the microphone. Keep a distance and an angle. You can increase the amplitude/volume with Audacity or other programs afterwards.
Thanks for advice, I'll try that. I've been using WavePad, but it seems limited.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Except I set them to never expire.
You never know what might happen when the site upgrades and all that kind of stuff. Once uploaded in a post, I don't think they could get lost. Pastebins are specific links.
I've been using WavePad, but it seems limited.
Looking at it gives a good impressions. Maybe you could try seeing some tutorials about it and stuff? But in any case, more software is better, makes for diverse tool usage.

Status
Not open for further replies.