Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

How do I add new types of unit vocal responses?

Discussion in 'Sound / Music Art' started by cleavinghammer, Sep 2, 2019.

1. cleavinghammer

cleavinghammer

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I'm replacing a hero unit (Uther)'s voicelines with lines from a different game. However, the Uther soundset lacks a line for when he's just been trained (as with all RoC heroes).

How do I add a "Ready" line to the soundset to get the game to play a "Ready" line on character creation? I guess it can be artificially done with triggers, but increasing the soundset seems more logical to me.

And same question for adding/removing lines for other responses (attack, move, warcry etc.).

2. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    replace the Paladin's?

The World Editor currently doesn't have a soundset editor. You can only replace existing sound files, not remove any or add any.

Yeah, you could do it through triggers instead but it's going to be annoying.

3. Linaze

Linaze

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Just play the sound manually when a unit finishes training.

4. Warseeker

Warseeker

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Either find another unit soundset that has the "Ready" soundset like Paladin or Mountain King and replace it with those new voicelines or simply use triggers which is more easier imo.
    You can manually add new sound responses to a unit that don't have them but only with triggers or using a different unit soundset, removing a unit's current voicelines can only be done by importing a mute sound to replace them.

5. cleavinghammer

cleavinghammer

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I see.

Thanks, everyone.