• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How do I add new types of unit vocal responses?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
I'm replacing a hero unit (Uther)'s voicelines with lines from a different game. However, the Uther soundset lacks a line for when he's just been trained (as with all RoC heroes).

How do I add a "Ready" line to the soundset to get the game to play a "Ready" line on character creation? I guess it can be artificially done with triggers, but increasing the soundset seems more logical to me.

And same question for adding/removing lines for other responses (attack, move, warcry etc.).

Level 28
How do I add a "Ready" line to the soundset to get the game to play a "Ready" line on character creation? I guess it can be artificially done with triggers, but increasing the soundset seems more logical to me.
Either find another unit soundset that has the "Ready" soundset like Paladin or Mountain King and replace it with those new voicelines or simply use triggers which is more easier imo.
And same question for adding/removing lines for other responses (attack, move, warcry etc.).
You can manually add new sound responses to a unit that don't have them but only with triggers or using a different unit soundset, removing a unit's current voicelines can only be done by importing a mute sound to replace them.

Status
Not open for further replies.