• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom Hero Voices help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi Everyone It's me DeathNaga I have a little problem which needs solving I've made custom hero voices for my campaign. I've done everything to make it work I've made the sound format wav. I've imported the sounds to replace an in-game soundset but when I select the unit with the custom soundset no sound is played and the portrait does nothing can anyone help me? I'm attaching a test map with the custom soundsets below oh yeah just so you know the custom soundsets i've got that don't work are the Lich King's and Garrosh Hellscream's.

Attachments

• Custom Soundset Test map.w3m
    6.5 MB · Views: 305
Level 30
Hi Everyone It's me DeathNaga I have a little problem which needs solving I've made custom hero voices for my campaign. I've done everything to make it work I've made the sound format wav. I've imported the sounds to replace an in-game soundset but when I select the unit with the custom soundset no sound is played and the portrait does nothing can anyone help me? I'm attaching a test map with the custom soundsets below oh yeah just so you know the custom soundsets i've got that don't work are the Lich King's and Garrosh Hellscream's.

Be sure to replace the import path of the sound to the sound you want to replace so it will work.

Level 4
hmm try this version of the map and you have to use the wav. format to replace a sound to make a custom soundset. a mp3 file doesn't work. thats my problem is there anyway you can make the sounds on the map 3d?

Attachments

• Custom Soundset Test map.w3m
    6.8 MB · Views: 281
Level 30
hmm try this version of the map and you have to use the wav. format to replace a sound to make a custom soundset. a mp3 file doesn't work. thats my problem is there anyway you can make the sounds on the map 3d?

Hmm, it is really weird that it works in the World Editor but not in game but I do sure notice something... Why is Grom's sound Shandris and Arthas' sound is Grom? I suggest doing it like this delete imports again and go for Grom's Sounset. You will see it right? Now Right click each Grom's sound and click Replace Internal Sound and then choose the appropriate sound for that. Do that For Arthas too. That might make also the sound work properly now!

And I think theere is no need of making it 3D if you ask me.

Last edited:
Level 4
Hmm, it is really weird that it works in the World Editor but not in game but I do sure notice something... Why is Grom's sound Shandris and Arthas' sound is Grom? I suggest doing it like this delete imports again and go for Grom's Sounset. You will see it right? Now Right click each Grom's sound and click Replace Internal Sound and then choose the appropriate sound for that. Do that For Arthas too. That might make also the sound work properly now!

And I think theere is no need of making it 3D if you ask me.

Well I tried that but it still didn't work and the reason that i put Grom's soundset on arthas was because I couldn't be bothered creating all the sounds to replace arthas' soundset and the same with garrosh and have you got the latest patch? if you don't then maybe thats why the map won't work but for me the test map works fine.

Level 30
Oh yeah just to make it easier to look a the sounds I'm attaching them below maybe the sounds are corrupted?

They might be corrupted but it does play in your World Editor. Try removing them from the World Editor again. And follow a new step: Go to Grom's sounds then right click them all and Replace Internal Sound and replace it with the corresponding the sound.

Level 1
I know this is an old thread but I found it when i googled the same problem so here is the solution:

Replace unit sounds with MONO wav files or they will not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.