• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Soundsets

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Soundsets
by Ralle

Description
A soundset is the "vocabulary" of a unit. The unit have a varying amount of voices in it's "vocabulary" which you cannot change. However you can replace the voices in it's vocabulary.
This also means that you can't create a new soundset or extend the chosen soundset. So you have to find a soundset that you are not using and which fits your amount of voices. I will be making an example with the footman soundset.

The footman's soundset is located in Sounds/Internal/Units/Human/Footman/ and contains the following sounds/voices:
Code:
FootmanDeath.wav
FootmanPissed1.wav
FootmanPissed2.wav
FootmanPissed3.wav
FootmanPissed4.wav
FootmanReady1.wav
FootmanWarcry1.wav
FootmanWhat1.wav
FootmanWhat2.wav
FootmanWhat3.wav
FootmanWhat4.wav
FootmanYes1.wav
FootmanYes2.wav
FootmanYes3.wav
FootmanYes4.wav
FootmanYesAttack1.wav
FootmanYesAttack2.wav
FootmanYesAttack3.wav
So you have to replace all the sounds new ones.

Importing & Replacing
For each file of the footman you right-click and say Replace Internal Sound and locate your own recorded sound.

Done, You should now have made.. I mean replaced a new soundset. If this did not work then please post here.

Last edited:
Level 7
you actually dont have to do all that Ralle. heres all you have to do:
1. Create the sound and save it anywhere on your computer.
2. Go to the sound editor and find the unit you want to replace the voice on.
3. Right click the specific voice you want to replace (lets say FootmanPissed1).
4. Now go down to Replace Internal Sound and an Open Menu will open up. go to wherever you saved your sound at and open it. There you go, the sound will now be replaced with whatever the sound was you recorded! It will automatically be imported and the path will automatically be written. I've found this method takes about 3, maybe 4, seconds to complete (excluding time to make the sound). Nice tutorial though Ralle :thumbs_up:
tempve6.th.png