• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Voice Acting Contest #3. Ideeas!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next Voice Acting Contest

So, everyone. I believe that the time is nigh for another one of those cool little voice acting contests.
Any ideas for a theme?
Here's what I could come up with for possible themes:
-Racial Warning Set ("we need moar gold", etc.)
-Unit soundset Redux (make a new soundset for an existing Warcraft 3 unit)
-Original unit soundset (make a soundset for a custom model or skin. We did custom models last contest, maybe we could do skins this time)
-Short story reading/monologue/whatever

If anyone else has any suggestions that would be just FANTASTIC!

Before I even visited this thread, I told myself I'd suggest something and that was the option 4 you listed there.

I think it would be nice to make a narration of some events (background music optional). The narration must last for about 5 minutes. The theme of the narration would be you, narrating some battle events, as if you were an actual warrior.

My next option would be warning racial sounds, but get ready for some total lack of creativity (I mean, how many ways there are to warn a player!? :p).

The other ones sound classic.

I like the idea of the battle narration. It would call for some real creativity and what not. But I believe 5 minutes is a bit too long. I think 2 or 3 would suffice.
For the racial warning un-originality problem, that's where some major creativity would come in. You would have to not only think of a straightforward way to say something, but you also must keep it original and interesting while fitting with the style of the race you picked.

Level 4
What about Cut-Scenes or Intro's to maps? Instead of uploading MP3's, we make triggers that center around the cut-scene. Then upload the map, so we can see the voice acting visually, showing how it can be used in a map. What do you think?

Last edited:
Level 18
My personal favorite would be narrating a scenario. It allows a good chance to judge on all criteria, and there's probably somebody who will put something very unique in his/her plot. I'd really like to see that, and I'd probably join.

I'm also wondering: Are we going to do something similar to the anonymous judging of the last contest in this 1? Last time, we send the entries to the judge or host, who put them up in the public poll anonymously.
This also raises the next question: What's going to be the public/judges ratio on the results?

Level 6
Well, I think that a voice acting contest would be nice!

So there should be some ideeas, I will post mine:

-Warcraft 3 unit/hero - Voice "re-acting"
-Deathwing - Mighty dragon that will bring the Cataclysm upon Azeroth
-Custom made language - Quotes you can come with - if you want, invented language - so that it fits a certain race/unit

Here are my ideeas, I hope you are ethusiast as I am, and agree we can make another Voice Acting Contest

Level 6
Well I wanted to stimulate this...I can see that the music contest is forgoten too, voice acting too, so...

Status
Not open for further replies.