• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Firearm equipment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Upgrades are indeed limited because you cannot really unlearn them.

Orbs dont switch attacks but they enable one.
So if you are not able to attack with their default attack, they can check if the second attack (the one enabled by the orb) can target the opponent and will use that one if they can.
However as long as the target is targetable by the default attack, the default attack will be used.

Level 15
My opinion is to use the transformation. You need two versions of each unit.

I've done this the next issue is the actual range and attack sounds, would want at least a few different ones. So do you again suggest more heroes or how would one make it more flexible?

Because if i got 8 character and want say 8 equipable weapons... You get the picture.

Level 10
I've done this the next issue is the actual range and attack sounds, would want at least a few different ones. So do you again suggest more heroes or how would one make it more flexible?

Because if i got 8 character and want say 8 equipable weapons... You get the picture.
You could easily make custom sounds for every weapon by silencing their actual weapons and using triggers to play your sounds at certain points on the map when a unit attacks.

You could kind of change the range of the unit dynamically...
Start with a high default attack range. Use a trigger to change the acquisition range.
When the unit is commanded to attack something, use a trigger to check if it's outside of your variable range. If it is, command the unit to go to the position that is a) in range of the target and b) closest to the attacking unit. In the end it may not be identical to having a different actual range but you could get it pretty close.

If you want to have dynamic genuine range, your best bet would probably be to create a variation of the unit for every range you want. It's not as hard as it sounds, as you can copy and paste most of the details of your unit all at once.

Level 10
An alternative to transformation is using searing arrows. Make the Soldier have maximum range and use this trigger.

• Shoot
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • (Unit-type of (Attacking unit)) Equal to Soldier
    • Actions
      • Custom script: call IssueTargetOrder (GetAttacker(), "flamingarrowstarg", GetTriggerUnit())
Whenever the soldier is going to attack, the trigger will force him to use Searing arrows on his target.
You can adjust damage, missile art and range with the Searing Arrows ability.

EDIT: Just ignore this, this requires you to change acquisition range through triggers, and WC3 doesn't let you do that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.