• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Range Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi guys, I am using [link=http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/new-advanced-equipment-system-133727/?prev=search%3Dadvanced%2520equipment%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20]THIS[/link] Equipment System, and I wanted to know how to change the projectile and attack range of an unit that equips a certain item.
I already tried doing different things and none worked, one of them was enabling the attack 2 , and the other one was with the night elf range upgrade!
a little help here please?

Level 18
You can't modify the unit's stats while InGame.. you need to set everything in the WE before starting the Map.. Attack 2 normally is for a second attack-type like attacking air units instead of ground ones, or buildings,wards instead of units and so on.. so basicly two same attack-types with different ranges won't work, because they would overwrite themselves? For the Night Elf Range upgrade.. you can only upgrade the Range, if the Range is available, so Melee Units can't increase their Range, you have to set it at least to 150 or 200 to make it a ranged Unit and using the Upgrades. (Feel free to correct me, if I'm wrong)..

The best method is to replace your current Unit with a Ranged Unit, like equiping a Bow replace it with an archer. Equiping and Sword replace it again with a Footman, and so on. Maybe the Range Upgrade works, if you change it to the said Range of 150 or 200, but I believe upgrades can't be undone, or? (Maybe some anti-upgrades that decrease the Range again? but would mess up the Game after a while, with overlapping upgrades)

As last point I just want to mention, that you should search for some tutorial or model, can't remember it, I've seen for a while. Somebody explained how to use ranged and melee Attacks in one Unit? Or at least how to make it possible.. just search for it ;)

Level 3
oh, okay, if I use the replace option, can I make another unit, with the stats of the other one, but with different ranges?
example: 1 melee villager and 1 ranged villager
and if I do this, the replaced unit will have the same attributes (strength, intelligence and agility), same level, same everything?

Level 18
Could work, like Illidan does. Changes from Melee to Evil Illidan with Ranged Attack.. You have to set the time to unlimited and add another ability to it, to change it back. Could do the job.

Adiktuz is right, the Acquisition range is a good example for this. like he said, just set the Range of your Unit to lets say 1000 (or the highest attackrange you're using) and then set acquisition range to 100 (for melee) or 600 for range, or whatever the range is.

BTW, it is URL='write stuff', not [link=[U]write stuff[/U]]. Just use this
createlink.gif
button.

make th unit use the long bows upgrade,modify the log bows upgrade to level 1,range 700 - 900 and apply the upgrade to the unit once it equips the weapon and remove it when it unequips it.
do that by "set level of upgrade"

you cannot reset the level of an upgrade... even if you use triggers, the effects wont be rollbacked...

Status
Not open for further replies.