• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Call For Help Range HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
In my map, the dungeons and areas are relatively small, so the units are not exactly spaced far apart (about 500-700 in WC Range). When attacking one, I do NOT want every guy on screen to rush over and attack the unit.
All enemies are Non-Creep, they are owned by a computer player.

In the Unit Editor, I changed the sight radius, both day and night, to 50. I changed the acquisition range to 50. The attack range is melee.

In the Gameplay Constants, I changed the Call for Help range to 100 for both regular units and creep units. I've tried everything from .1, 1, 50, 100, to 300.

I can run through each level and not agro a single guy unless I run RIGHT next to him, yet the second I attack one, no matter where I am or what the Call for Help range is set at, every single unit on screen and even some farther comes running over to attack me. What the hell? Is the Call for Help broken? Am I missing something? I've fiddled around with all kinds of numbers in the named fields, and nothing seems to change the distance that the enemies will perform a "Call for Help" attack run. It's making my map impossible. Help!

Level 3
Guard distance is for creeps only, I believe. And this is a pretty massive map, so I don't want to have a ton of triggers slowing it down and maybe causing leaks just cause I don't want the units attacking from crazy distances. Anybody else?

Status
Not open for further replies.