• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Finding path of the FadeFilter model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
So there is a CooldownUI model (UI\Feedback\Cooldown\UI-Cooldown-Indicator.mdl).
And loading screen model (somewhere).
Does anyone know the path of the model used in FadeFilter triggers?

The problem with the current model is that it is affected by the DNC environment lights. You know when at night for example, notice that the environment lightings is kinda bluish. It sucks that it affects even the Filter I use, it's not even supposed to be an object inside the terrain :/

I just need the path, I can edit/recreate the model myself.

Level 4
Nope. I'm talking about the file path of the model that was used as fade filter. You know that even the game UI uses .mdx models right? And even Icons, during cooldown.
I know the path of the cooldown interface model (which is: UI\Feedback\Cooldown\UI-Cooldown-Indicator.mdl), I'm trying to find the path of the one that is being used in fade-filters. Can't find it tho, as I'm not used to this internal data stuff. Been searching for about an hour now.

Level 4
Bump.

Should I ask directly on a pros' profiles? No one here seem to know.
Please if you know someone who can solve this, link him to this thread. It'll really help D:

EDIT:
Nevermind, I figured it out.
I figured out, that I should just give up. I'll find another solution. I'll post my findings here, just in case somebody is having the same problem.

Last edited:
Level 14
The problem about fade filter ... affected by the DNC environment lights...

Put a torch in the middle of the map. The point is, there should be a normal (white) light at least at coordinates 0,0.

If you don't want the torch inside your fantabolous terrain, just create a unit that uses a torch model (or any model that gives light), and hide it via triggers.
  • Unit - Create 1 LIGHT for Neutral Passive at (Point(0.00, 0.00)) facing Default building facing degrees
  • Unit - Hide (Last created unit)
Even if you're using call SetDayNightModels("",""), this will solve the problem.

Note: It will still give the light despite having to hide the model, which you might not want, but meh, figure it out yourself. Move the unit outside the map or sumthing if fade filter is off.

Level 14
That won't do if the mapper wants to use call SetDayNightModels("","").
And also if he needs the night's blue-ish/purple lightings, which is the case most of the time.
I already tried it.

Edit:

I meant the blank call SetDayNightModels("","") (no lights).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.