• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

FadeFilter questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
guys, i believe i saw once a fadefilter that embodies an action, or shows an action being made, rather than staying static, and im not sure in what format this fadefilter is, because a fadefilter is supposed to be a picture if i am not correct, and pictures are not like animationed pictures, but just something static, so can someone explain to me how it works? because im thinkingmaybe the general use of fadefilter is limited and that its not being used to cause "actions to appear", such as shooting for example, may someone explain this to me further please, and what i would have to do to get one working fadefilter that embodies an action, if so, any specific references would help alot.

also, what type of blend modes are there? i only know the blend mode BLEND_MODE_BLEND, because i believe the type of blend mode may cause a different type of transition, which may be good for my map. The blend modes are applicable in the action
JASS:
call SetCineFilterBlendMode(BLEND_MODE_BLEND)

Thanks for your time

of course a +rep, except that would not be enough, hope this cute smily makes it enough tho xP :cute:

Level 13
Well, I saw a map were the creater used several fadefilters of the same scene ... To explain it: One fade filter is always active, showing a gun in the middle (custom ones). When he shoots, many fadefilters change in >0.04 seconds (fluent look) that create the illusion of the gun moving, so every filter is just a milimeter different from the one before.

Level 6
weel the fade filter seems like a picture, but is more like somespecial kind, were the bitmap, is created by a bool matrix, when TRUE ones, point out that the pixel, is affected by transparency colour etc. and the others, will stay transparent anyway.
Not quiet sure how it can be edited however

To get better the whole point, examine the fade filter as GUI cause imn not sure i can explain everything in a way that is "human understandable"

Level 10
yea i get it bro, i asked in chat, but its a really bad alternative due to the amount of images one would need, thanks alot for help ^^, i think model is better, since i know how to display cam correctly to show hand +gun only ^^ thanks for being persistence iwth me, cus i know what ur saying, like how a cartoonist combines pics to produce a vid :p

Status
Not open for further replies.