• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Solved] Sound will not play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I'm having trouble displaying sounds for certain heroes as action in trigger editor. So far I have constructed an event/condition/action.

Event - a unit dies

Conditions - Owner of (Dying unit) Not equal to Neutral Hostile.
Owner of (Killing unit) is in (All enemies of (Owner of (Dying unit) Equal to True.
(Dying unit) is a Hero ) Equal to True

Actions - If/Then/Else If Unit type of killing Unit ) Equal to Paladin ( then do Sound - Play HeroPaladinWarcry1 <gen> else (Do nothing)

This action trigger works on Paladin and all other altar heroes from each race.

But if I repeat this action for newly added heroes such as Lord Garithos from the campaign folder section. He's sound won't display when the trigger is suppose to happen.

To summarize this and to explain my point:

The map I'm constructing is an AoS - Dota type map. Heroes spawn for each player once they choose a hero from an altar. The trigger event occurs when a player's hero takes the bounty/kill enemy player hero. During that moment a sound triggers from the hero that took the bounty. Some of these sounds I have already used as sound for every hero. If for an instance ((Lord Garithos)) took the kill, he's sound doesn't trigger, ((Here Lies my Problem)). He's sound was already added to the action list for triggers, but the trigger doesn't play.

If I'm missing something then I would appreciate for any help I can get regarding this problem. If you need additional information about this issue, then I will try to explain further.

I thank you and I send my regards.

Last edited:
Welcome to the Hive! I moved your thread from the Requests forum over to our Triggers & Scripts forum, you're more likely to receive help on triggers over here. :)

It seems like you are on the right track. Could you post the trigger you used to display Lord Garithos' sound? Make sure that you changed the condition to check that the unit type is equal to your Garithos unit.

The other potential option could be an issue with the sound editor. Open the sound editor and double-click your Garithos sound to open up some options. Check if the "Is 3D" portion is checked. If it is checked, then uncheck it.

3D sounds are sounds that are played at a particular location. When the camera moves away from the location, the sound becomes less loud. There is a special function reserved to play those sounds (Sound - Play 3D Sound). In this case, you are just using the regular "Sound - Play Sound" action, so you probably don't want the sound to be 3D.

Level 1
My problem wasn't in Triggers. It was 3D sound. I double clicked the sound and I found my answer. I removed the check mark, and that did fix my problem. I appreciate your help PurgeandFire.

Status
Not open for further replies.