• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Final fantasy turned based map ex:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Dont think ill be increasing the features in the map like I planned, just trying to find that special map to make, etc etc.

(forgot to put in, use the right arrow key to swap hero's and type -pick to choose that hero. also i thought i made it so that you have to walk up to the unit to initiate the fight but i didnt space the hero and monster far apart so it just jumps straight to the battle. Ill upload a new version in soon)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, was bored and thought of making a final fantasy turn based map template for anyone making rpgs. Thought they could look it over and maybe get some ideas from it.

Basically you choose your your hero and he pops out into the field. Walk up to the enemy unit and your transported to a spot where you fight it out turned based style. You attack, your units paused, enemy attacks then its paused and then u can attack again etc etc.

Can build off this like when going near an enemy instead just fighting that one enemy u can add in other monsters around its same strength for randomized battles.

Ill probably add in more stuff like those extra enemys determined by the strength of enemy thats triggering the battle. A more complete turn based system where new characters can come in and fit into the system along with different numbers of monsters per battle, maybe make it compatible online.

Example in the map below.

@SkriK- I made it so basic I didnt really think I had to :). When you encounter the enemy you transported along with the enemy to a spot. Then after you've attacked your unit is put back in position and then paused. Then the enemy units gets to attack your. After attacking its paused and then you get to attack. Then that goes on till you win.

Atm its not adaptable where you can just go and add in battles cuz its pretty set on just that one battle. I look to making it so you can just add in enemy's and the system will take care of the rest. For 1player this would be easy. But for multiplayer online with all these battles going on it would take alot of triggering so that one battles triggering doesnt cross over into another persons battle.

Another advanced addition later that would probably require jass would be that after the unit attacks it has a timer that counts down till you can attack again. Then if u have a haste buff on you it would lessen the timer in jass so you would get turns faster. So it wouldnt be the actual buff but the jass making you attack faster. Still thinking of stuff.

Attachments

• FF6.w3x
    1.3 MB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.