• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Children Turn-Based Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I played some children games when I was little, and to be honest I still find them quite fun and interesting to play. So I'm going to make some of the turn-based children games (most of the turn-based games are more exciting than the others imo) into one Warcraft III map. Here are some of my planned games. These games haven't be named yet.

Game 1 : Minimum of 2 players. The game is played using the player's thumbs. On a player's turn, he/she declares a number (The maximum number is the sum of the player's thumbs and the lowest is zero). The moment when a number is declared, players may raise one thumb, two thumbs or no thumb at all. If the sum of the raised sum match the declared number, he/she wins the turn and puts one hand behind his/her back. The turn then goes to the player beside him/her (If it doesn't match, the player keeps their hand in front). When a player has no more hands to show, he/she wins.

Game 2 : Minimum of 2 players. The game is a variation of Rock-Papers-Scissors, played using the player's hands. On a player's turn, he counts from one to three and changes his/her hands to one of the three gestures (rock, paper or scissors), along with the other players. If a gesture played by the other player matches a gesture played by the current player, that gesture "loses" and the losing player puts his/her hand(s) behind. Then the turn shifts to the player beside him/her. If there are no more hands present, the last player wins.

Game 3 : 2-Player game, played using the hands (again). Every turn, both players clap twice (or once) and change their hands into the "charge" gesture, "shield" gesture, or the "attack" gesture. Then a player will win, lose or play another turn, based on the corresponding gesture match-up :
  • Charge vs. Charge : Play another turn, each player gains 1 charge
  • Charge vs. Attack : The attacker wins.
  • Shield vs. Shield : Play another turn, nothing happens.
  • Shield vs. Attack (1-4 charge) : Play another turn, the attack is blocked.
  • Attack vs. Attack : The attacking player with more charges wins (If both players have the same charges, then it's a draw).
  • Attack (5 charge) vs. [anything, except Attack 5 charge] : The attacker wins.

Any ideas about these games? Or maybe do you have any other children games?

Status
Not open for further replies.