• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Felwood Swamp. v2.0

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: MB Pop
Felwood Swamp: Swamp Of Legendary Heroes

Explanation

(please test before leaving comments thank you :) )
Are You Looking for a normal WC3 game? Sick of the Boring old heroes, Units, and spells? You want a new feel/look to the game? If so the Goal of this map is to do just that! :)))

The Basic Story Line is that the Leaders from the 4 main Races in Azeroth have decided to settle who will have dominance over Azeroth in the Battleground "Felwood Swamp", so the most Powerful Units and Heroes from their respective Races have come to this place to have one Final battle to decide. Who will reign supreme in Azeroth? You decide.

No one directly helped me however youll notice throught gameplay that [highlight]ALL[/code] totally custom models, skins and spells came from all around the hive, Credits to these incredible Modders will be in the quest logs also a minor explanation on gameplay to help you.

This Game was Made for PLAYERS to play but i understand since most testers most likely will not be playing with someone so AI for the most part works now.

Any bugs, Errors, Op "hero.vs.hero", or typos would be greatly appreciated if you could mention them.

OH ALSO AI cannot use the new spells they've aqquired since i havent figured out how to make them use it yet, and first player will always start at the same spot for testing purposes, once im finished with the map player start locations will be brought to random.

First map BTW :D.

Changes

- Change Log

- V 1.2

-Corrected messed up tool tips thanks to the testers for pointing that out for me : )

-I also Edited the quest logs and some units/buildings tool tips to make the storyline understandable or for the common question i get "why is an Orc Playing for the UD, etc" it is all now explained in the tooltips provided before you CREATE the Hero or said Unit. SO please read them or else youll be clueless thats why some testers didnt understand it and thought i was aimlessly skinning units. : ) Credits to -Wazz for pointing it out.

- I Nerfed the Divine Shield's Cooldown from Level 1= 25 sec to 45 sec, Level 2 = 45 sec to 60 sec (theres only 2 levels) for Arthas

-I have decreased the File Size as Requested from 6mb - 4.33mb ( all i did was delete some failed projects within the Editor i was fiddling around with :). ) Credits to -BlackKnightTGS for pointing it out.

- Changed Fire Elemental's Art Icon from its Original Water Elemental to the lava Spawn Icon since that unit is not used within the game. Credits to -BlackKnightTGS for pointing it out.

- V 1.3

- Changed Child Slave Voice To "VillagerKid".

- Now the Void Lord Only Comes from Temple Of the Damned

- I Liked the flying worker idea :( but i understand its unfair so i changed From Fly to Float.

- Animal War Training changed to Advanced Flight Training.

- Deleted Blood Elf Lieutenant From the Angel's Haven.

- Increased all Human Towers maximum hp by 100 excluding the first stage Fire, Cold, Darkness, Energy, and Boulder towers (there advanced stage have inc 100+ hp plus previous the previous Bonuses.)

-lmfao and for Mb Pop The Banshee Queen uses the Ice arrows because she was Originally Sylvannas. (how she does it well erm... she summons them :p) also worker voice for Orcs i thought was kinda cool sounding :D.

- Tool Tips mentioned and a few others were Corrected Once again..

- Militia.. kids wearing armor so they look bigger.

- This was mentioned in the description above me but Red has the Fixed start location just for these test purposes and reviewers.

- Balance of the Units vs. Heroes will come out in V 1.4. (just doing this small update for now :). )

- The ArchAngel's DIS Icon is Currently unavailable at the moment.

- New Models and Skins added.

- Lordaeron Summer Grass Border added.

- Did Minor hp and Attk upgrades to various units in the map for a "quick fix" for now until i do my own seperate testing. (however creeps are supposed to be weak compared to heroes.)

- Ancient Of Wonders when uprooted is now an Amphibious walker due to its turtle skin wrap.

- Angel Units do not Decay so they cannot be raised (seeing as theyre already Angels.) However the new raider units decay time will remain the same.

- Updates for 1.3 were pretty much thanks to MB Pop and his extensive Review thank you so much. : )

- V 1.4

- Three new Spells Added for the folowing
- Naga Lord = Circle Impulse, got rid of = Impale
- Arthas = Judgement
- Shadow Warlock = Chaos Shield, got rid of = Blink

- All Towers for each race have been given attack and hp bonuses.

- Tier 1 and Tier 2 units have been given Upgrades and touch ups aswell.

- NE Chimaera changed to Hyyal Chimaera ( to fit the story better.)

- Along with that the Chimaera Roost has been re-tinted.

- Frost Wyrms changed to Black Wyrms along with a new skin and icon.

- UD Boneyard Changed to Grand Boneyard for the new Wyrm Update.

- NE, Orc, and UD buildings were given extra Hp.

- Touch-ups applied to the terrain here and there , along with new added rain.

- Hero Food Costs Dec to 1 each to increase army size to help compare to Hero Strength.

- Improved Hero Cooldowns for final abilities (Inc.)

- V 1.5

- Upgrades were made even seeming during the early stages of development i had neglected to click the "select all players" feature when doing so. However Orcs have more upgrades fnished then the other races seeing as Humans have the better buildings, UD have Better units and NE are about even in Balance so far, so Orcs will have pre-Reasearched Upgrades.

- Fixed the bug where it would say not enough space to create unit it was just a distance thing to the gold mine from start location.

- did more touch ups on terrain.

- Fixed big bug where the Orc peons were stuck to the ground.

- V 1.6

- Spirt Of Vengeance (NE) has a new Hero Ability = Drain Missile (Req lvl 4), replaced = Nothing. thanks to Gaby-Boy.

- When the Spirit of Vengeance Tranforms into the Avatar Of Vengeance she loses the "Hide" Ability, however it will return if the ability is turned off.

- All Alters build time was decreased by 10 seconds ( To get the heroes out there faster.)

- Same with the Hero Build times were decreased by 5 seconds for the same previous reason.

- Inc health and dec build times of NE and Orc buildings by 5 seconds to help to compare with UD unit superiority and Human Tower Capabilities.

- Human Towers get slight attack inc + 3 each except Cannon Tower (+10).

- UD unit Cost Dec = Water Dragon (new) 500G - 390G, Ghoul 120 - 110, Void Lord 250G.

- The Ability Instantaneous Transportation has a new Night Elf effect to it and it also now has a 3 second cast time.

- V 1.7

- NE Night Archer Hippogryph new skin has been applied !!! thanks to Warhog for all his hard work !!!! :))

- All Orc units given hitpoint bonuses compared to lower building hitpoints.

- Tier 1 and 3 units given another additional attack upgrades and hp.

- Night Elf Scout food cost and gold cost increased (125G - 4 Food) but given the ability invisibility.

- V 1.8

- Tinkered with The Angel Knights coloring now the Elite Angel Knights are golden.

- Raiders have the ability to summon their wolves to fight in battle (for 60 sec.)

- Brand New Swordsman Creeps.

- New Model for the Hellcaller and is now a futuristic swordsman.

- Changed icon for the Orc Grunt.

- Ancient Of Mana was added to the Night Elf Buildings it is pretty much an Ancient form of a fountain of Mana.

- Elven Archer now has the totally custom ability Death's Release = Replacing Tornado.

- V 1.9

- Added the Ability Arcane Chains to the Shadow Warlock Hero for the UD replacing Sleep.

- Fixed ability tooltips for when you summon your heroes they now all have the proper abilities written out.

- Fixed placement for the Elite Angel Knight's so now they wont bunch up into one person they will spread out this will not hinder theyre fighting capabilities.

- Time bar for the ArchAngel's Rage has been changed from Pandaren Elemental to ArchAngel's Fury.

- Orc Great Hall now has Dragon Roost Model File however smaller then its two upgrades. - suggestion by Sharingan

- Orc Peons Scale Value has been reduced. - suggestion by Sharingan.

- Fortress has Dragon Roost sound set now aswell.

- New Shaman model thanks to Red Shift!

- Ancient Of Mana has minor healing abilities aswell.

- Reduced Peon Scale size again to 0.85 .

- V 2.0

- New Models for the Human Altar Of Heaven and the NE Altar of Elders.

- Inc HP for both of these and UD altars.

- Arcane Sanctum and Vault both given 50+ hp bonuses.

- Angel's Haven also given a new model format giving it a new look : )

- Thats all for now ! : )

Thank you testers : )

Credits

Skins/Models- Cloud Wolf-Arthas Skin most notable , General Frank- His Tank and Fel Orc Designs, Mr.Goblin- Fantastic Babarian Skin, 67Chrome- my god your good, FrIkY, Usedwell, NFWar, Just_Spectating, Fingolfin, X-OMG-X, Xpher, HappyTauren, Tjordell, Revilo, Red Shift, WILL THE ALMIGHTY, Donut3.5, Warhog!!.

Spells- Klingo- I absolutely enjoyed al of your work thank you : ), StaberFire, and the creator of Double Tide, Adrenaline Rush,Gaby-Boy, Uzimaki.Minato, and D4rk G4d4lf.

Maps- Aenima- Void Lord

Thanks to all these great Modders : )

BTW for some reason my typing always mess' up when i type on this website so if you see any mistakes notify me immediately via comment or PM thanks.

Keywords:
Altered Melee, Custom Heroes, new WC3 game type, new Story line behind a new Fight, Final,
Custom Models.
Contents

Felwood Swamp. v2.0 (Map)

Reviews
00:31, 30th Jul 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected Drops are no good (Doom Guard has a chance to drop 2 Crown of Kings, wtf?), random items on the map, cinematic doodads, underused environmental doodads, unbalanced starting locations, etc...

M

00:31, 30th Jul 2010
ap0calypse: Rejected

Drops are no good (Doom Guard has a chance to drop 2 Crown of Kings, wtf?), random items on the map, cinematic doodads, underused environmental doodads, unbalanced starting locations, etc...

Level 35
I could write a whole list of things wrong with this map, but here's the main problem that a lot of people make when they're new to the hive:

-You uploaded the map

The Goal i had in mind for this map was to make the same general rules for WC3 and idea,
but with customized units skills and new looks, now i think ive pretty much accomplished that.

From the sounds of it, all you had in mind for this map was to import a shitload of models/skins and customize abilities at random.
Testing of the map confirmed these suspicions.
Not really much to say about how to 'fix' it, as this mod has gone nowhere and can only go as far as... well, it can't go anywhere.
Needless to say, I will be voting 1/5 and for Rejection.

Level 4
Your saying I Customized abilities at random because the abilities dont fit the heroes? have you tested all the races yourself? And i only downloaded a skin, model, or spell when i found one when i saw one that would fit into the criteria of the character i wanted to apply it to. im not some kind of retard if thats what your implying.

Last edited:
Level 3
Try to make your description more eye catching! A good presentation is a must when you upload maps! It also won't hurt to include a changelog, some screenshots or even a map preview!

If you want me to test out the map and give more feedback just send me a PM :thumbs_up:

Use these BB Codes to help with your description!:grin:

Level 8
I played as all races, and here's what I think:

creed345 said:
Are You Looking for a normal WC3 game? Sick of the Boring old heroes, Units, and spells? You want a new feel to the game? If so the Goal of this map is to do just that! :)))

I don't get it, I barely see any new spells, most units have been reskinned...and there are some things I'd like to point out:

• Some icons turn into Green Boxes.
  • The Fire Elemental has the Water Elemental icon in the caster's spell list.
  • There is a human marine in the Orc race...wtf?
  • There are some grammar mistakes and messed up tool-tips.
  • "Train Banshee" - A huge Void Lord pops up. And from a Slaughterhouse as well....weird actually.
  • Some Naga and an Orc are with the Undead...wtf, again?
  • "Terrorblade, Level 1 Illidan"...what? Fix the other name to be Illidan, not that one.

Also improve description and reduce filesize. It's a bit big for an Altered Melee map.

I'll rate this map 1/5 and Vote for Rejection.

Level 4
I played as all races, and here's what I think:

I don't get it, I barely see any new spells, most units have been reskinned...and there are some things I'd like to point out:

• Some icons turn into Green Boxes.
  • The Fire Elemental has the Water Elemental icon in the caster's spell list.
  • There is a human marine in the Orc race...wtf?
  • There are some grammar mistakes and messed up tool-tips.
  • "Train Banshee" - A huge Void Lord pops up. And from a Slaughterhouse as well....weird actually.
  • Some Naga and an Orc are with the Undead...wtf, again?
  • "Terrorblade, Level 1 Illidan"...what? Fix the other name to be Illidan, not that one.

Also improve description and reduce filesize. It's a bit big for an Altered Melee map.

Okay ill get to editing those " Cosmetic" mistakes and the Naga's and UD formed an alliance to fight in the Battle,
and if you had read the tooltips properly it would have said he is an undead Orc Warlord, same with the Naga Lord "Hence the Alliance which ill add in the Quest Logs which i think alread explians all that which you might have neglected to read.

and the Icon youll just have to put up with for now but yes thank you for pointing those things out : )

Edit: all those changes have been done are (excluding Icon) and are accounted for.

Last edited:
Level 4
Im Changing it Right now and Im Scanning through every tool Tip looking for Errors and im going to put in a request for a red fire elemental Icon if i cant find one. ill post when i have the updated version

OH and did u notice any bad cooldowns because im trying to to make them more evened out right now.

Edit: The Space Marine Was hired by the Orcs to fight for them ( Read his tooltip)

Level 1
I have read the description and your map does infact fit the criteria.
however more effort should be put into this map if you want it to be accepted by the mods. and you did change the problems that were pointed out so..

i will Vote for Acception

Level 3
Ok so I have finished testing and wrote a review

I'm new at this so this is the best I could do, I hope it helps.

[+] I like the idea of this kind of altered melee map.
[+] Storyline is good.
[-] I think the heroes are too overpowered (compared to the units)
[-] The edge of the map looks bad (in my opinion) when the map and camera bounds are the same.
[ ] I don’t rate terrains because I am a very bad terrainer. Lol.
[?] Only Red has a fixed starting position?
[?] Most upgrades are already researched?
[+] Fairly balanced drops.
[?] Are the heroes supposed to cost different food?
[-] I have reason to believe that many icons are out of place.

[+] Very Creative (At least the hero abilities)
[-] Tooltip fail:
Learn Tooltip - Gives a 35% to do 4x more damage.
Normal Tooltip- Gives a 35% Chance to do 3 times more damage
There are other tooltips like that.
[-] Bad learn descriptions - Learn Healing Ward, Extended - Learn Healing Ward
[-] It says in the learn tooltip that voodoo spirits has 2 levels but it really only has 1. Many other cases that are exactly the same problem (Wind Walk, Wards etc)
[-] You don’t have the disabled version for some icons. (Ex. One of the Arc Angel’s Abilities)

[+] Very creative units.
[?] Is the rifleman supposed to be an angel?
[?] Elite Angel uses “Animal War Training” Upgrade?
[-] When the Angel (And some other units with that model) dies, the body will only disappear after a long time.
[-] Your Child slave’s voice is the peasant’s voice.
[?] Call to arms turns Child Slaves into militia (They got older?!).
[-] The towers are way too weak in my opinion…
[-] The Angel’s Haven also trains Blood Elf Lieutenants; you left that out in the tooltip.
[-] The Arcane Observatory says that it also contains upgrades, but it doesn't.
[-] Fire of darkness requires barrage.
[-] Reincarnation tooltip for the Paladin: When killed, the Tauren Chieftain will come back to life. Etc…

[+] Again very creative
[-] When Grom used the ability that transforms him, he becomes a Demon Hunter? (Grom the level 8 Demon Hunter)
[-] The Dragon workers are still called peons and have the peon icon.
[?] Worker has a very weird voice…
[?] Flying Workers!
[-] Raider Body also doesn't disappear after a long time. (This is probably due to the fact you used a model that was meant to be a hero for a regular unit, same with the human angel)

[+] Creative
[?] Void lord can be created from the slaughterhouse AND the temple of the damned?
[-] By far the worst hero ability learn tooltips.
[-] Banshee Queen - why does this hero have the ability “Ice Arrows?”
[-] The frost wyrm doesn’t look like an undead anymore.

[-] Very few changes made except re-skinned models and new models. (Not many new units)
[?] Main building is corrupted?
[?] Ariel Darkmoon the level 6 Sylvanas Night Archer?

[hidden="Mark]
Unfortunately I will have to rate this 1/5 and vote for rejection!
This map need some polishing and fixing up but I do believe that this can be a great map with some more hard work! If you have made any updates and want me to look at your map again just contact me via PM!

I dearly hope that this review has helped you! :thumbs_up:

[/hidden]

Level 8
Most bugs and typos have been fixed, good job :smile: But, there is a bug, and the message "A newly constructed unit has no room to be placed" randomly since the beginning, and I didn't even order them to train anything. And is it me, or does P1 have almost all upgrades researched? Anyway. 3/5.

Level 4
Most bugs and typos have been fixed, good job :smile: But, there is a bug, and the message "A newly constructed unit has no room to be placed" randomly since the beginning, and I didn't even order them to train anything. And is it me, or does P1 have almost all upgrades researched? Anyway. 3/5.

FIXED !

updated in v 1.5 i noticed that bug too when i was playtesting after v 1.4!

if u notice any more bugs give me a shout : D

Level 3
Dammit man you gotta stop updating so fast, everytime I check up on this map it's a new version! :nw:

When I'm in the middle of testing one version another one comes out lol.
But I'm glad that you are working hard on this project.:thumbs_up: I'll give another review once I finish trying out the current version...unless another one comes out.:hohum:

Level 4
Dammit man you gotta stop updating so fast, everytime I check up on this map it's a new version! :nw:

When I'm in the middle of testing one version another one comes out lol.
But I'm glad that you are working hard on this project.:thumbs_up: I'll give another review once I finish trying out the current version...unless another one comes out.:hohum:

lmfao im sorry im taking a break from the editor today, im always just looking for tiny things that need sprucing here and there and by the time im done its update worthy usually plus all the playtesting :p
so yeah there wont be any updates today so go ahead and do the review :p

Level 4
what patch did u use? because on my computer doesn't work

uhm when i test the map i use my version of WC3 and its fully updated with the latest patch so try starting there if you dont have the latest one.

if not re-download the map (since i just updated anyways)

and IF that doesnt work then use the editor and try playing the game from there.