• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Felwood Swamp. V 3.5

Reactions: Faith and J-Dogg
Felwood Swamp: Swamp Of Legendary Heroes

Explanation

(please test before leaving comments thank you :) )
Are You Looking for a normal WC3 game? Sick of the Boring old heroes, Units, and spells? You want a new feel/look to the melee game? If so the Goal of this map is to do just that! :)))

The Basic Story Line is that the Leaders from the 4 main Races in Azeroth have decided to settle who will have dominance over Azeroth in the Battleground "Felwood Swamp", so the most Powerful Units and Heroes from their respective Races have come to this place to have one Final battle to decide. Who will reign supreme in Azeroth? You decide.

No one directly helped me however youll notice throughout gameplay that [highlight]ALL[/code] totally custom models, skins and spells came from all around the hive, Credits to these incredible Modders will be in the quest logs also a minor explanation on gameplay to help you.

This Game was Made for PLAYERS to play but i understand since most testers most likely will not be playing with someone so AI for the most part works now.

Any bugs, Errors, Op "hero.vs.hero", or typos would be greatly appreciated if you could mention them.

OH ALSO AI can only use a few of the new spells they've aqquired since i havent figured out how to make them use it yet.

First map BTW :D.

Changes

- Change Log

- V 1.2

-Corrected messed up tool tips thanks to the testers for pointing that out for me : )

-I also Edited the quest logs and some units/buildings tool tips to make the storyline understandable or for the common question i get "why is an Orc Playing for the UD, etc" it is all now explained in the tooltips provided before you CREATE the Hero or said Unit. SO please read them or else youll be clueless thats why some testers didnt understand it and thought i was aimlessly skinning units. : ) Credits to -Wazz for pointing it out.

- I Nerfed the Divine Shield's Cooldown from Level 1= 25 sec to 45 sec, Level 2 = 45 sec to 60 sec (theres only 2 levels) for Arthas

-I have decreased the File Size as Requested from 6mb - 4.33mb ( all i did was delete some failed projects within the Editor i was fiddling around with :). ) Credits to -BlackKnightTGS for pointing it out.

- Changed Fire Elemental's Art Icon from its Original Water Elemental to the lava Spawn Icon since that unit is not used within the game. Credits to -BlackKnightTGS for pointing it out.

- V 1.3

- Changed Child Slave Voice To "VillagerKid".

- Now the Void Lord Only Comes from Temple Of the Damned

- I Liked the flying worker idea :( but i understand its unfair so i changed From Fly to Float.

- Animal War Training changed to Advanced Flight Training.

- Deleted Blood Elf Lieutenant From the Angel's Haven.

- Increased all Human Towers maximum hp by 100 excluding the first stage Fire, Cold, Darkness, Energy, and Boulder towers (there advanced stage have inc 100+ hp plus previous the previous Bonuses.)

-lmfao and for Mb Pop The Banshee Queen uses the Ice arrows because she was Originally Sylvannas. (how she does it well erm... she summons them :p) also worker voice for Orcs i thought was kinda cool sounding :D.

- Tool Tips mentioned and a few others were Corrected Once again..

- Militia.. kids wearing armor so they look bigger.

- This was mentioned in the description above me but Red has the Fixed start location just for these test purposes and reviewers.

- Balance of the Units vs. Heroes will come out in V 1.4. (just doing this small update for now :). )

- The ArchAngel's DIS Icon is Currently unavailable at the moment.

- New Models and Skins added.

- Lordaeron Summer Grass Border added.

- Did Minor hp and Attk upgrades to various units in the map for a "quick fix" for now until i do my own seperate testing. (however creeps are supposed to be weak compared to heroes.)

- Ancient Of Wonders when uprooted is now an Amphibious walker due to its turtle skin wrap.

- Angel Units do not Decay so they cannot be raised (seeing as theyre already Angels.) However the new raider units decay time will remain the same.

- Updates for 1.3 were pretty much thanks to MB Pop and his extensive Review thank you so much. : )

- V 1.4

- Three new Spells Added for the folowing
- Naga Lord = Circle Impulse, got rid of = Impale
- Arthas = Judgement
- Shadow Warlock = Chaos Shield, got rid of = Blink

- All Towers for each race have been given attack and hp bonuses.

- Tier 1 and Tier 2 units have been given Upgrades and touch ups aswell.

- NE Chimaera changed to Hyyal Chimaera ( to fit the story better.)

- Along with that the Chimaera Roost has been re-tinted.

- Frost Wyrms changed to Black Wyrms along with a new skin and icon.

- UD Boneyard Changed to Grand Boneyard for the new Wyrm Update.

- NE, Orc, and UD buildings were given extra Hp.

- Touch-ups applied to the terrain here and there , along with new added rain.

- Hero Food Costs Dec to 1 each to increase army size to help compare to Hero Strength.

- Improved Hero Cooldowns for final abilities (Inc.)

- V 1.5

- Upgrades were made even seeming during the early stages of development i had neglected to click the "select all players" feature when doing so. However Orcs have more upgrades fnished then the other races seeing as Humans have the better buildings, UD have Better units and NE are about even in Balance so far, so Orcs will have pre-Reasearched Upgrades.

- Fixed the bug where it would say not enough space to create unit it was just a distance thing to the gold mine from start location.

- did more touch ups on terrain.

- Fixed big bug where the Orc peons were stuck to the ground.

- V 1.6

- Spirt Of Vengeance (NE) has a new Hero Ability = Drain Missile (Req lvl 4), replaced = Nothing. thanks to Gaby-Boy.

- When the Spirit of Vengeance Tranforms into the Avatar Of Vengeance she loses the "Hide" Ability, however it will return if the ability is turned off.

- All Alters build time was decreased by 10 seconds ( To get the heroes out there faster.)

- Same with the Hero Build times were decreased by 5 seconds for the same previous reason.

- Inc health and dec build times of NE and Orc buildings by 5 seconds to help to compare with UD unit superiority and Human Tower Capabilities.

- Human Towers get slight attack inc + 3 each except Cannon Tower (+10).

- UD unit Cost Dec = Water Dragon (new) 500G - 390G, Ghoul 120 - 110, Void Lord 250G.

- The Ability Instantaneous Transportation has a new Night Elf effect to it and it also now has a 3 second cast time.

- V 1.7

- NE Night Archer Hippogryph new skin has been applied !!! thanks to Warhog for all his hard work !!!! :))

- All Orc units given hitpoint bonuses compared to lower building hitpoints.

- Tier 1 and 3 units given another additional attack upgrades and hp.

- Night Elf Scout food cost and gold cost increased (125G - 4 Food) but given the ability invisibility.

- V 1.8

- Tinkered with The Angel Knights coloring now the Elite Angel Knights are golden.

- Raiders have the ability to summon their wolves to fight in battle (for 60 sec.)

- Brand New Swordsman Creeps.

- New Model for the Hellcaller and is now a futuristic swordsman.

- Changed icon for the Orc Grunt.

- Ancient Of Mana was added to the Night Elf Buildings it is pretty much an Ancient form of a fountain of Mana.

- Elven Archer now has the totally custom ability Death's Release = Replacing Tornado.

- V 1.9

- Added the Ability Arcane Chains to the Shadow Warlock Hero for the UD replacing Sleep.

- Fixed ability tooltips for when you summon your heroes they now all have the proper abilities written out.

- Fixed placement for the Elite Angel Knight's so now they wont bunch up into one person they will spread out this will not hinder theyre fighting capabilities.

- Time bar for the ArchAngel's Rage has been changed from Pandaren Elemental to ArchAngel's Fury.

- Orc Great Hall now has Dragon Roost Model File however smaller then its two upgrades. - suggestion by Sharingan

- Orc Peons Scale Value has been reduced. - suggestion by Sharingan.

- Fortress has Dragon Roost sound set now aswell.

- New Shaman model thanks to Red Shift!

- Ancient Of Mana has minor healing abilities aswell.

- Reduced Peon Scale size again to 0.85 .

- V 2.0

- New Models for the Human Altar Of Heaven and the NE Altar of Elders.

- Inc HP for both of these and UD altars.

- Arcane Sanctum and Vault both given 50+ hp bonuses.

- Angel's Haven also given a new model format giving it a new look : )

- Thats all for now ! : )

- V 2.1

- This Update is for the mod Apocalypse since i have complied with his errors he pointed out and the map has been fixed.

- Enviromental Doodads added all over the map accordingly to the terrain around it.

- Only 6 players can play this game now and start locations i guarantee are even.

- Drops have been improved and fixed the Doom Bringer's drops accordingly to his request.

- All Items except for One Agiliy tome and One experience tome have been removed from the map.

- New Altar for UD Race Added

- As Requested I have changed the Dragon type peons into normal Fel Orc Peons.

- V 2.2

- From a comment From the reviewer Cweener ive increased Creep Health, armor, and attack points varying from unit to unit.

- The Purple Satyrs Have a new skin applied to them.

- Fixed a huge bug mentioned n the last review where you couldnt go into the pass in the top right corner of the map.

- Deleted The Destroyer Face Guard Item since it had become a hindrance.

- Increased Damage Of the Fire Mage's Fire Synergie Ability.

- All Bandit Type units are now Scarlet Crusade Alligned.

- New waterfall Added !

- ArchAngel's Light Has had an Extreme makeover and now can cause damage in groups or heal in groups. depending if theres more enemies or allies within the specified aoe.

- V 2.3

- New Stronger Creeps Added with A good drop Item also made a few of the orignal creeps stronger to compete with Hero Strength.

- Elite Crossbow Legionaire Added to creep Selection.

- Varsaigan The Stormlord added also to the creep section.

- Working on some Problems with ArchAngel's Light. :/

- V 2.4

- Still Working on some Problems with ArchAngel's Light. :/

- ArchAngel has 3 brand new icons! One for himself which functions properly. Along with two others for ArchAngel's Light and Rage.

- ArchAngel's Light now Costs 150 Mana.

- Human Basic Workers are now gnomes Instead of Child Slaves. (Better Workers : D)

- V 2.5

- ArchAngel's Light For the most part works properly.

- Threw Out the Banshee Queen Idea and Added in the Succubus Queen.

- New Model Corresponding to this new hero thanks to DickxUnder

- Lowered Cold Arrows Movement Speed effect to the 2nd rank from 170% to 120%.

- Also Icon and SSC Icon added for the Succubus Queen.

- New Icons For the Orc Race's Goblin Shredder and his Armored Tank Form. : )

- V 2.6

- Added Spirit Of Vengeance attack missile to the Succubi Queen.

- New Model for the Human T3 "Castle"

- The Black Arrows ability now only summons one skeleton when on rank 2.

- V 2.7

- MiniMap Preview coming very very soon.

- Icon update , New Icons for most of the custom spells added.

- Spells folowing are - Fire Synergie, Double Tide, Phantom Bolt, Adrenaline Rush, Instantanaeous Transportation, Death's Release, etc.

- V 2.8

- Icon update , New Icons for Orc Grunt, and the ability Death and Decay.

- New Hero glows Added for the folowing heroes ! - Iron Bear, Hippogryph Rider, Witch Doctor, Goblin Shredder, Space Marine, Orc Death Lord, and The Spirit Of Vengeance.

- Fixed a few typos for abilities and such.

- New model for the UD spirit tower !!

- Tinkered with scaling values of the new models.

- God's Ominence now only last for 13 seconds instead of 15.

- New Starfall Icon added.

- V 2.9

- Threw Out NE Ancient of Wind seeing as it was not needed and its previous units it trained can now be summoned from the barrow den

- Slight problems with Orc CPU not suggested to use at the moment

- V 3.0

- For the most part i believe the Orc CPU issue has been resolved if anymore pop up notify me immediately.

- Ancient Of Mana was healing enemy Units this probem has now also been resolved.

- Added new Creep Drops fr some of the harder to beat creeps : )

- Due to complaints i have also opened up some areas that were not available (except by air) to gain access to certain creeps.

- Tauren units and the Orc Hero Space Marine have had slight run speed inhancements.

- Build time for Orc Wendigo have been decreased slightly aswell.

- V 3.1

- Two new Creep bosses have been added = Twin Queens of Suffering and Ga' Thul Eagle Lord.

- Waygates have now been installed in the bottom right corner of the map so you can reach the Eagle Lord :)

- Thanks to suggestions and dedicated testing Clockwork2 suggested we change the name of the Angel Rifleman to the Anti-Air Angel.

- Also the long rifles upgrade has been discarded.

- Another creep was added along with the bosses , Elite Eagle Warrior.

- And finally with each boss group there will be a very rare drop tht goes along with it.

- V 3.2

- Fast Update.

- New Icons ( BTN and DISBTN) for the Anti Air Angel and the Elite Angel Knight.

- Upgraded the Creep bosses to make them a tougher fight (hopefully :p)

- Elite Eagle Warriors can now be bought at Mercenary Camps.

- Fixed typo in Advanced Flight Training.

- V 3.3

- The problems with the CPU has finally been resolved even now they can use some of the custom spells they were equipped with for the most part.

- Humans also were fixed so now the CPU will use the Hero Arch Angel

- Orcs likewise will now use the Space Marine.

- So now dont be afraid to use any race to play against!!

- V 3.4

-Added new attachments to the Elite Angel Knight, and the Anti-Air Angels.

- Human Races can now build walls!!! (Using the BE Engineer Worker Class.)

- All Orc structure build times have been reduced by 5 seconds seeing as they're buildings are less advanced.

- Death and Decay has been incredibly nerfed, along with Iron Roots, and the Starfall abilities.

-Ancient Wendigo's gold Cost and build time has been reduced for the Orc Race.

- Illidan has been been given an attack speed increase and will now be know as the fastest of the 16 heroes.

- Along with the new Human Walls they now come with new towers With similar fortified stats, it is however not as powerful as the other towers the BE Engineer can construct.

- Ancient Of Mana Supplies more Mana to the NE Team that owns it.

- V 3.5

- 4 Brand new UI's have been added to each race giving them their own look and style !

- After playing/testing with a few friends i have increased the overall units attack an hp values to help even things out.

- the Orcs have new Giant Polar Bear units the can summon from the portal, they can also revive Heroes from the portal.

-With the new UI's i understand that the File size is quite large! I will be working to reduce the filesize on the next patch so stay Tuned!

Thank you testers : )

Credits

Skins/Models- Cloud Wolf-Arthas Skin most notable , General Frank- His Tank and Fel Orc Designs, Mr.Goblin- Fantastic Babarian Skin, 67Chrome- my god your good, FrIkY, Usedwell, NFWar, Just_Spectating, Fingolfin, X-OMG-X, Xpher, HappyTauren, Tjordell, Revilo, Red Shift, WILL THE ALMIGHTY, Donut3.5, Warhog!!.

Spells- Klingo- I absolutely enjoyed al of your work thank you : ), StaberFire, and the creator of Double Tide, Adrenaline Rush,Gaby-Boy, Uzimaki.Minato, and D4rk G4d4lf.

Maps- Aenima- Void Lord

Thanks to all these great Modders : )

BTW for some reason my typing always mess' up when i type on this website so if you see any mistakes notify me immediately via comment or PM thanks.

Keywords:
Altered Melee, Custom Heroes, new WC3 game type, new Story line behind a new Fight, Final, Felwood,Felwood Swamp, Swamp ,awsome, New Heroes, Angels, C
Contents

Felwood Swamp. V 3.5 (Map)

Reviews
04:20, 30th Jul 2010 ap0calypse: Approved