• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Felwood

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This spooky forest once was the sanctuary of life and nature's power, the homeland of Night Elves and their demigod Cenarius. Since Second Invasion the forest has corrupted by Burning Legion and became the lair of evil. The land is full of venom now, diseased animals became rabid. The hordes of satyrs, demons and their fanatic cultists prowls in this forest. Your task is to dislodge the villains and prepare this forest for a cure.

This map was created by me with help of my brother. This is based on original Felwood map in World of Warcraft. Have fun :)

P.S. Really sorry for my english. I know that I've made a few mistakes, but I'm still learing.

Keywords:
felwood
Contents

Felwood (Map)

Reviews
13:30, 28th May 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Type:Melee -> 12.42 MB wOOt?

EDIT:

I can see that you imported mp3 files to map (5MB and one with 7MB)
Delete them, you don't need mp3 in melee map, you have standard blizzard sounds and music, just open sound editor and find there!

Also improve terrain a little,add fog, you can use global custom weather instead of regions...
Replace wooden bridge with natural.
Please fix this (picture).

EDIT 2:

I think that melee map can't have more than 8 MB so please delete that music or will this map be rejected!

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    11 KB · Views: 122
Level 7
Nice it's much lighter now I will download and check this thing out
[Edit]I opened your map and I saw something:
[+] Nice terrain. Your terraining is much better than me XD
[+] You created your own Neutral Hostile units, though this is not really necessary for a melee map

[-] I guess you put too many creeps into your map. They are also too powerful.
[-] A bit imbalanced when you put 2 fountains (moon wells) nearer to player 1.
[-] Creeps are put on the middle of the path. This can be uncomfortable while playing
[-] You have no nature shops. I think you should have at least two.
[-] According to WCWE, this map is not a melee map

Anyway, your effort was nice. Though this is not a perfect one, I don't think that it's a very bad one

Last edited:
Ok let see...

Things that I like:

1st - Sky
2nd - Custom Weather

Things that i don't like:

1st - Map description, you can always add some pictures
2nd - Map isn't balanced well some gold mines are guarded with red creeps some with orange or green (picture)
3th - Wooden bridge looks bad, Z offset also (picture)
4th - Trees pathing ground is bad, small units can hide there
5th - Shadows aren't calculated
6th - Some powerful creeps don't drop items (picture)
7th - Map isn't really melee

Word or 2 to Author:

I think that map isn't finished jet, use Map Development forum for that! You can make thread there upload your map so people can tell you what they think just like here! Also for any help with triggers or how to clean memory leaks post triggers and create threads here Triggers & Scripts! Btw if you need any help with WE we have World Editor Help Zone here on THW! And at the end if you need any resource from icons to loading screens check this out Requests!

1/5 Vote for Rejection
Map Reported

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    151.4 KB · Views: 91