• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fel Orc Invasion v2.46

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
A fairly simple map where player 1 is the Fel Orcs and he is against up to 4 other players. Player 2 is the Humans, Player 3 is the Orcs, and Players 4 and 5 are the Night Elves.

I have tested this map before, but only with AIs, not other people. With AIs, it seems pretty hard if you play the Fel Orcs.

For those who want screenshots to see what the map looks like...

Furbolg Camp 1
200270-albums4183-picture39531.gif

Furbolg Camp 2
200270-albums4183-picture39532.gif

The Dark Troll's Jail
200270-albums4183-picture39533.gif

Fel Orc Main Base
200270-albums4183-picture39534.gif

v2.41
-Fel Orcs can no longer build Spirit Walkers out of the Spirit Lodge
-The Fel Orc Crossbowman and Fel Orc Kodo Beast now receives upgrades from the Unit Armor and Ranged Weapons upgrades
-Extra Gold Mine added
-Fel Orc Peons can now build Altar of Storms
-Added the Optional Quest, The Imprisoned
-Added a Map Preview Screen

v2.42
-Successfully limited the Fel Orcs' Heroes to one per Hero-type.

v2.43
-Slightly changed Player 2's (Blue) start location by moving some creeps away from his base and surrounding his second Gold Mine with trees

v2.44
-Fixed the Open Gate and Close Gate triggers so now you can bring your whole army through the Fel Orcs gate and it won't close in your face.

v2.45
-Made a new Watch Tower for the Fel Orcs that deals chaos damage and deals more damage

v2.46
-Fixed the Fel Orcs base, their wall now completely surrounds their base

Tell me what you think of my map. I accept constructive criticism as long as it's not too mean and rude. (I know I'm not too good with terrain.)

Keywords:
Slayer14, Fel Orcs, Orcs, Burning Legion, Legion, 4 on 1, 4v1
Contents

Fel Orc Invasion v2.46 (Map)

Reviews
06:46, 5th Jul 2011 -Kobas-: Status: Rejected
Level 7
the fel orc grunt damage was so imbalanced 32-88 it stronger then fel orc raider?It should be fel orc raider stronger then fel orc grunt.Pls fix it.and also why the fel orc no hero.and seem why the spirit walker in fel orc place?Pls remove it.

Level 7
i forget about 1 thing.ur fel orc worker cant build altar.
Edit1:Did the fel orc grunt use mana?if not pls remove it.
Edit2:the Fel orc crossbow and Fel Orc kodo beast cant upgrade damage and armor?Oh ya pls change ur fel orc crossbow and watch tower to chaos damage type

Level 10
i forget about 1 thing.ur fel orc worker cant build altar.
Edit1:Did the fel orc grunt use mana?if not pls remove it.
Edit2:the Fel orc crossbow and Fel Orc kodo beast cant upgrade damage and armor?Oh ya pls change ur fel orc crossbow and watch tower to chaos damage type

Oh, sorry about that stuff. I did test the map many times before, but that was before I uploaded to the Hive. Since then, I have made changes to it to patch it up a little before I uploaded it, but I haven't tested it. Thanks ImperialShadow for letting me know.:wsmile:

EDIT 1:
I updated my map and I fixed the Fel Orc Crossbowen and Fel Orc Kodo Beast. They now receive increased armor and damage from the Steel Ranged Weapons and Steel Armor upgrades.

EDIT 2:
Hey ImperialShadow. I was thinking you have helped me fix some of my errors by pointing them out. If you could point out all of my errors for me, I could fix them all and it would improve my map. After that, I would be glad to +rep you for helping me clear out the bugs and errors on the map.

Last edited:
Level 7
now here the problem.u din change the attack of ur hero, armor,life point,mana and attribute point.u just change the skill nia.u forget those i mention about.also last time i mention about the imbalanced damage about fel orc grunt and the difference fel orc raider damage that thing u haven fix it yet.

Edit 1:U haven change the attack type of crossbow and the watch tower damage type.Oh ya About the satyr maybe u could add 1 more ppl for satyr.Because satyr same friend with burning legion.Maybe u can use corrupted buidling as satyr

Level 10
See heres the problem, the Fel Orcs use the same Watch Tower as the regular Orcs, so for now, I can't really make the Watch Tower do chaos damage. As a matter of fact, all Fel Orc buildings are the Regular Orcs' buildings.

:fp:I'll improve the Fel Orc Raider's attack and change the Fel Orc Crossbowman's attack type to Chaos.

About the Satyrs and them being "Friends with the Burning Legion" and that I should add more people for satyr. What exactly do you mean?

Level 7
maybe u can add some lost satyr finding for their group master.the lost satyr consist two worker and some weak satyr.Some creep has captured the the satyr group master.i mean u should add 1 more player for the lost satyr.the lost satyr can build army they save their group master.note the group master is hero.
edit 1:Oh i forget about ur terrain.It bad but maybe i can help u ^^

Last edited:
Level 10
maybe u can add some lost satyr finding for their group master.the lost satyr consist two worker and some weak satyr.Some creep has captured the the satyr group master.i mean u should add 1 more player for the lost satyr.the lost satyr can build army they save their group master.note the group master is hero.

:infl_thumbs_up:That's a nice idea. I just might do that. +rep for the nice idea and all your help.

edit 1:Oh i forget about ur terrain.It bad but maybe i can help u ^^

:confused:
Yeah. I know my terraining capabilities aren't all that good, but what could you do? Are you suggesting you make a terrain template for me and send it to me? If so, I'd like to see what you can do first. You know, some sort of sample or work you have done before.

EDIT 1:
I have just finished version 2.38. I haven't uploaded just yet though I'm going to test it first.:wsmile:

EDIT 2:
I have tested my map and to my knowledge, I have taken out all of the flaws, and I realized I had almost all of the researches all ready done. That is fixed now. I took your advice ImperialShadow and made an optional quest where you find a satyr who wants you to help him find where his master is being held captive. I have just uploaded it to the Hive. (v2.38)

Last edited:
Level 7
u miss something.u forget to put food for ur hero ==
Edit 1:Maybe u can write the story in detail.Maybe u can put screenshot gameplay and also the satyr in jail
edit 2:fixed ur blue human name

Last edited:
Level 14
See heres the problem, the Fel Orcs use the same Watch Tower as the regular Orcs, so for now, I can't really make the Watch Tower do chaos damage. As a matter of fact, all Fel Orc buildings are the Regular Orcs' buildings.

You could create a different (Fel Orc) Tower, and just use the player properties like you did for the other units to ensure only P1 can build it.

Also, it'd be a good idea to go through the Fel Orc's buildings and rearrange the icon positions of each unit/hero. For example, the main (as Fel Orc) has icons randomly placed and conflicting placements. The default attack/stop/hold can't be moved, but the peon and backback research icons can be. You could set the fel orc peon's button position to 0,1 and the research to 1,1.

In case you aren't sure how the placements go, see the attached image.:

Are you sure that the ability's coordinates on the interface do not equal with the coordinates of your trained units'? Here is a pic of how the values are representing each slot:
View attachment 91513

The Fel Orc race can currently train an unlimited number of heroes, which isn't really a good thing (unless that's what you intended). The only way around this I could find is by replacing the melee nuetral heroes with the ones you intend for the fel orcs (model file, settings, etc...). While you do have the Melee Game - limit number of heroes per hero type to 1 (for all players), it doesn't apply to the custom heroes. This may be due to the fact they're based off of campaign hero units.

//\\oo//\\

Level 10
You could create a different (Fel Orc) Tower, and just use the player properties like you did for the other units to ensure only P1 can build it.

Hmm, OK. That will work.

The Fel Orc race can currently train an unlimited number of heroes, which isn't really a good thing (unless that's what you intended). The only way around this I could find is by replacing the melee nuetral heroes with the ones you intend for the fel orcs (model file, settings, etc...). While you do have the Melee Game - limit number of heroes per hero type to 1 (for all players), it doesn't apply to the custom heroes. This may be due to the fact they're based off of campaign hero units.

//\\oo//\\

I have known about this problem and it was not intended. I also know that custom heroes and campaign heroes completely ignore most limits that melee heroes have. I've been trying to figure out a way to limit the custom heroes I have without taking forever. I appreciate your ideas though. I think I might know how to fix it. I could maybe limit the heroes by using a trigger that limits the amount of certain units a player can build:

[trigger=Game Initialization]Game Initialization
Events
Map Initialization
Conditions
Actions
Limit training of Fel Orc Blademaster to 1 for Player 1 (Red)
Limit training of Fel Orc Arch Blademaster to 1 for Player 1 (Red)
Limit training of Chaos Demon Hunter to 1 for Player 1 (Red)[/trigger]

EDIT:
OK, I have updated the map and successfully fixed the "no Hero limit" problem.

Level 10
Fel Orc Invasion: The Gate Triggers

erm slayer maybe u can put some switch for fel orc door?It hard when u nid ur army get thourgh it then open d ==

:huh:I guess I could put a switch, but what would I do with my current trigger for the gate? And besides, if I put a switch, I'll need one for both sides of the gate and then enemies could hit the switch and come right inside your base. I'll try to improve on that trigger if I can though. Anyone have any suggestions? Currently, the triggers looks like this:

• Open Gate
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Region 003 <gen>
    • Conditions
      • (Owner of (Entering unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red)
    • Actions
      • Destructible - Open City Entrance 3829 <gen>
      • Trigger - Turn on Close Gate <gen>
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
  • Close Gate
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit leaves Region 003 <gen>
    • Conditions
      • (Owner of (Leaving unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red)
    • Actions
      • Destructible - Close City Entrance 3829 <gen>
      • Trigger - Turn on Open Gate <gen>

Could someone rate my map? I noticed it still doesn't have any ratings, but it has 89 downloads.

Level 7
eh slayer maybe u should put far the gold mine from blue.i see the map blue can go so easy to build another base and also when he build big army his front is a litte creep and behind the creep maybe u should put some tree

Level 10
Fel Orc Invasion MAP UPDATE: v2.43

I've updated the map, but I'm not sure where exactly you wanted to add the trees or move the Gold Mine to, since there isn't much room back where Player 2 (Blue) is. I surrounded P2's Gold Mine with trees, moved the creeps back, set the creeps to "camp" (so they only have 200 acquisition range) and moved the Merc. Camp towards the center of the map.

(I don't know why, but I checked the minimap on my map that I know I updated and the Neutral Building icon didn't move when I moved the Merc. Camp.)

:thumbs_up:Glad you like my map, for the most part.

Level 10
OK. It's done. The link now says v2.43.
:ogre_haosis:

EDIT 1:
My map's minimap updated. The minimap looks correct now.

EDIT 2:
Updated my map and fixed the gate triggers. Should be okay. I added an If/Then/Else action.

• Close Gate
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit leaves Region 003 <gen>
    • Conditions
      • (Owner of (Leaving unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red)
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Number of units in (Units in Region 003 <gen>)) Less than or equal to 0
        • Then - Actions
          • Destructible - Close City Entrance 3829 <gen>
          • Trigger - Turn on Open Gate <gen>
        • Else - Actions

EDIT 3:
Oh, yeah, Imperial Shadow, I noticed you double posted a few times. You shouldn't double post or some moderator or someone like that will be complaining and telling you this. Just letting you know so someone doesn't give you negative rep for it.

Last edited:
Level 9
Description
Verdict
The description is short and could use some more information on the map itself; however, the description is good enough and passes.
162343-albums4195-picture39632.png
Gameplay
Verdict
The map is basically an altered melee but the main focus is the fel orc race (which is just a rename/model changed version of the orcs. It starts out slow... and doesn't really pick up. As Fel Orcs, your hero is totally bombshell, however, in the event that the enemy is smart they could easily rush you and end the game within 5-6 minutes (or less if they're pro) – a night raid specifically (first cycle). Rescuing the Satyr was never that big of a priority yet seemed like the main goal (among killing everyone) for the Fel Orcs. Overall the game lacked any major orginality and the Fel Orc race could have been a bit more crisp.
162343-albums4195-picture39633.png
Terrain
Verdict
The terrain was the most lacking of all; if it was improved, along with the triggers, it could just maybe get accepted. But that's a long shot. The terrain was mostly large chunks of one tile with some makeshift roads inbetween a massed forest.
Interface
Verdict
As far as leaks go, there were a few groups that needed to be destroyed. Additionally, there were tons upon tons upon TONS of wait functions – most of which did not even need to exist. Upgrades had descriptions for the human race (simply placed on an orc structure), and the alignment of the Fel Orc barracks' unit icons was rather poor (their main structure it seems throughout the game; warlocks weren't that useful). Several things need to be improved here before it meets submission guideline standards.
Replayability
Verdict
There is no incentive to play this map more than twice: once as Fel Orcs, once as the four-manned team. However, this does not limit the map in any crucial way, and replayability does not hinder its chance for approval.
162343-albums4195-picture39637.png
162343-albums4195-picture39653.png
-needs some major terrain, trigger, and balance touch ups; the placement of goldmines and creeps seems random as well, and not every player has an actual route to their designated expansions.

Level 4
I have spotted something wrong about the Fel Orc Area.

The wall around the area isnt secure, if u take down enough trees on the right side of the base, the enemy can easily enter in and out when ever they want. I suggest that you build the wall completley around the Fel Orc base and if they end up needing more wood the it is suggested in gameplay they acctually move out and get a second base or you improve the base size and add more wood. :)

Cokemonkey11

Code Reviewer
Level 29
While I commend you for the (obvious) hard work and time you've put into this map, not to mention the fact that you are getting into mapping in the first place, I see this map as a square with some changed models "fel orc" and an organization into "4v1". Nothing is really original about this map and as such I'm voting for rejection.

My suggestion to you would be to start over from scratch with a new idea. I don't have the most time in the world but I would be willing to help you with anything you need.

Cheers.

Adr

Adr

Level 2
This map cannot be approved since it doesn't meet the minimum requirement for a melee/altered melee map. It has to have alteast 2 goldmines per player on the map. Also the map type should only just be altered melee. The terrain doesn't seem balanced or very creative.

yeah that's true.
this map map's terrain is not so creative and also boring gameplay.

Level 22
Description
Verdict
The description is short and could use some more information on the map itself; however, the description is good enough and passes.
Gameplay
Verdict
The map is basically an altered melee but the main focus is the fel orc race (which is just a rename/model changed version of the orcs. It starts out slow... and doesn't really pick up. As Fel Orcs, your hero is totally bombshell, however, in the event that the enemy is smart they could easily rush you and end the game within 5-6 minutes (or less if they're pro) – a night raid specifically (first cycle). Rescuing the Satyr was never that big of a priority yet seemed like the main goal (among killing everyone) for the Fel Orcs. Overall the game lacked any major orginality and the Fel Orc race could have been a bit more crisp.
Terrain
Verdict
The terrain was the most lacking of all; if it was improved, along with the triggers, it could just maybe get accepted. But that's a long shot. The terrain was mostly large chunks of one tile with some makeshift roads inbetween a massed forest.
Interface
Verdict
As far as leaks go, there were a few groups that needed to be destroyed. Additionally, there were tons upon tons upon TONS of wait functions – most of which did not even need to exist. Upgrades had descriptions for the human race (simply placed on an orc structure), and the alignment of the Fel Orc barracks' unit icons was rather poor (their main structure it seems throughout the game; warlocks weren't that useful). Several things need to be improved here before it meets submission guideline standards.
Replayability
Verdict
There is no incentive to play this map more than twice: once as Fel Orcs, once as the four-manned team. However, this does not limit the map in any crucial way, and replayability does not hinder its chance for approval.
162343-albums4195-picture39637.png
162343-albums4195-picture39653.png
-needs some major terrain, trigger, and balance touch ups; the placement of goldmines and creeps seems random as well, and not every player has an actual route to their designated expansions.

Review Marked, you forgot some things though.

Rating: 1.5/5
Vote for:
Rejected

This map cannot be approved since it doesn't meet the minimum requirement for a melee/altered melee map. It has to have alteast 2 goldmines per player on the map. Also the map type should only just be altered melee. The terrain doesn't seem balanced or very creative.
This + Ironside post.