• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Favorite Video Game Character

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Yes, well most people don't know about it
Brad, I have never/will never accuse you of being most people
(I mean that in a good way)

Level 24
I knew about the green version because I'd seen the art for its box. I also know that they didn't release it outside of Japan because the sprites were fugly and everyone liked blue so much better. It's the reason that it's Fire Red/Leaf Green instead of Fire Red/Water Blue.

Level 24
No, brad.dude03. Green was actually discontinued in Japan prior to blue's release. If you'll recall, in Red you can choose between three starters, but in yellow you get shafted into Pikachu.

Level 36
Meh, the first season came out and I was rather small, so I enjoyed it. Basically, from the movie onward, I was a skeptic. By the time the second movie came out (Right around the time Gold/Silver/Crystal came out) that was that. I left Pokemon in the dust.

Digimon however, it seems the opposite. The games/trading cards sucked, but the series was great.

Level 24
Yeah, but it's your starter. It's supposed to be the backbone of your team for the majority of the game. I can hardly see Pikachu fulfilling that role. Btw, of course I beat Brock with a Buterfree.

Level 7
NICE! I always used Nidorino. Did you know that that is the ONLY reason they gave Charmander Metal Claw for FireRed/LeafGreen? Just to beat Brock. I find it funny, since nno one ever uses it for anything else (I hope)

Level 24
Yggdrasil from ToS is lame. His sole redeeming factor is the skit he has in which he has a full conversation with Noishe, which I only know about because I saw it in the list of skits in the Katz village.

Level 26
Yggdrasil is a selfish, depressed emo child who's gay for Genis (which, I guess, makes him a pedophile). Piloting a Gundam in the end redeems nothing.

Out of ToS, my favorite characters are Colette and Genis, with honorable mention going to Sheena, because you can't go wrong with ninjers.

Level 24
He isn't piloting the gundam, he becomes it. If you take a look at it, it's his adult torso and part of his arms inside that sphere. He's cut off from slightly higher than the waist down. Quite obviously, he is projecting an image of his old self onto his new face, so that Pronyma will still love him even though his body went from lithe bishie to fugly.
MySpaceBarBroke: 1
Yggdrasil: 0 (He isn't negative because of the skit where he has a conversation with Noishe, although that conversation definitely proves that he is emo; he directly states that he is thinking he is tired of living. Spoiler: Mithos is Yggdrasil, Zelos betrays you, and depending on who you talked to during the doctor scene at Flanoir, either you kill Zelos or Zelos saves your asses from all of those traps)
Pronyma's undying love for Yggdrasil: 1, except it did die (along with Pronyma) when Yggdrasil killed her.
Zelos' 1337 waffling abilities: 1
Ninjers: 1
Sheena's Rack, which is what MSBB really meant by ninjers: >9000
The titles you earn for hitting level 100: 1. Seriously, wtf? Lloyd doesn't need defense, Raine doesn't need HP, it goes on and on. They aren't negative because they merit bragging rights, and then they went positive because they're racist against Genis and don't give him one.

Level 26
I'd give Lloyd a negative score for thinking Noishe is a fucking dog, being a stereotypical main character, growing ridiculous wings, and getting his ass beat by a dwarf. Kratos, Zelos, Genis, Regal, Sheena, Colette, and even Presea make better main characters than Lloyd. Raine can't, because healers never become main characters in RPGs (wouldn't that be awesome, though?).

Extra credit cuz he kan dual weild, lol.

Moar extra credit because of coffee mindfuck scene.

Level 24
Cofee mindfuck scene was so cruel. His wafflling skills are almost as 1337 as Zelos'. I didn't really think that he's stereotypical, but the way he ended up handling things was profanely cliché. Event, anger/excitement, event, doubt, talk with friends, cheer up, event, anger/excitement, event, doubt, talk with friends, cheer up. I really liked the skit where he uses "avaricious", which is an entertaining, if short-lived, change of pace. And I thought Noishe was sort of weird for a dog, and probably more of a monster, but I just went with it because Lloyd said so. Mostly, I just went with the approach that it's Noishe.

"Well, if one sword has a power of 100, don't two swords have a power of 200?" Extra credit for justification of dual-wielding. And also, don't you know that Kratos and Zelos are really just one person named Kratos/Zelos, except the Kratos half gets cooler costumes and a useless angel skill. All the online guides agree with me.

Level 6
Yeah, I like Master Chief and that guy from Tales of Symphonia who calls everyone vermin. He's funny. What was his name again? BTW: Dual wielding sucks - you can't shield bash.

Level 5
i whould have 2 say link from nintendo 64 zeldea/oreca[tink how its spelled]of time hes just so coool

Level 2
It would have to be the SA-X from Metroid Fusion, because even after tracking you down and trying to kill you all those times, it (she?) decides to help out because even though it hates you an Omega Metroid is just so much more of an enemy. So the SA-X for me.

Level 24
It doesn't decide to "help you", it decides that its natural predator is more of a threat than you are. As a matter of fact, the Chozo specifically designed metroids to hunt down the X. Why wouldn't it attack its natural predator over a new one?

Level 2
Everytime I see Master Chief during cut-scenes or cinematics, I piss my pants.

Because I realized how awesomely hardcore I am when I play him.

Level 2
It doesn't decide to "help you", it decides that its natural predator is more of a threat than you are. As a matter of fact, the Chozo specifically designed metroids to hunt down the X. Why wouldn't it attack its natural predator over a new one?
True that, I still don't get why Adam told you that there were multiple SA-Xs and yet you only see 2, or maybe a couple more of the ones that chase you, you kill one when you jettison the Metroid Lab, and then you verse the other one that Mutates... WHERE ARE THE REST OF THEM. Also Teh_Ephy, do you know anything about if they are gonna make another metroid since in fusion, which was at the end of the series time line wise, since Samus eradicated The X, The Metroids and the Ing, where the hell is another enemy gonna come from, can't call it Metroid, if there are no Metroids, although Samus has Metroid DNA in her system, cause of the vaccine.. eh im rambling

Level 24
Because the story says so. If you'd like me to justify it, they're following you when you kill the X but by the time they catch up, you've moved on. You don't see any more of them because they run out of traps for you. Anyways, Metroid Prime shows that there are more metroids out there than SR-388, and I heard from a friend that they're making a game with something to do with SR-388.

Level 24
Captain Falcon is actually from the F-Zero series. Smash-Bros has its own enemies, but the only original characters are Tabuu, Master Hand, and Crazy Hand.

Level 7
Megaman, and X from the Original Megaman 1-8, and Megaman X1-8
Altair, from Assassin's Creed
and Wander and Agro, from Shadow of Colossus

Level 6
Hmmm...Top 5..

1 - Voldo - Soul Series (His creepy uniqueness!!)
2 - Cleru - Summon Night (Actually?? I don't really know why)
3 - Ermac - Mortal Kombat (His.....quiet mysterious personality makes him enigmatic..)
4 - Hisui - Melty Blood (As mentioned at 3)
5 - Marcus Fenix - Gears of War (Now DAT IS a Badass Personality!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.