• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Favorite character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
There's been a while since we had this discussion in a while and we've some new members whose opinions I'd value. Some of you Hive veterans out there might have changed your mind or maybe not. Anyhow I'd value if you could tell me who your favorite character from the WarCraft lore is.

My loyalty remain where it has always resided, my favorite character is and forever will be Malygos the Spellweaver.

latest

Level 3
Well it's hard to say your favorite, but I'll give it a shot. Probably prince Keal'thas Sunstrider would be my favorite if not for the Burning Crusade. Because of that I will say my favorite character is NER'ZHUL. I love him because of how he's story was developed.
He started as highly respected chieftain of Shadowmoon clan. He was friend with Velen and unlike some (Drek'thar) he was willing to actually listen to him about Draenai. Then when Kil'jaden tricked him, he was more then happy to unite Orcs under his leadership and start genocidal war against Draenai because that's what he secretly wanted-more power. When he realized what he has done, he tried to correct his mistake by any means. This leads us to place when Ner'Zhul forms Horde of the Draenor to correct his mistake and again, become leader of Orcs. Unfortunatly, radicly changed Orcish mentality and Gul'dan's whispers made him ruthless and forget about honor. Toying with powers he didn't fully understand, he ended as Kil'jaden's puppet aka. Lich King. Then he was able with his cunning to do the work what Horde in 2nd war didn't do, conquer and asmilate Nerubians and fool Burning Legion. Scourge is probably the most deadly army Azeroth has ever seen (exculding Legion). Thanks to his cunning and intelligance, he is the true winner of 3th war. When you tought it was his end, it proved to be his finest hour when he defeated Illidari. Most people would say Arthas did all of this, but I must say Arthas was only a puppet. He did only what Ner'Zhul told him. Arthas was only superior warrior, but his undead powers orginiated from Ner'Zhul and when they merged, it was mostly Ner'Zhul's powers that made Lich King so much dangerous.
That's what I love about him, he was smart, cunning, good from beggining, but he did many horrors for powers he didn't understude fully, which he payed for it dearly as he was transformed into the most dangerous mortal person that has ever existed. I bet half of people that play Warcraft got into it first with his story (Wc3). You can even get moral of the story from it as Grom Hellscream said "The warlock's way was quicker, more effective or so it seemed. But there comes the time when price must be paid, and sometimes it is dear indeed"

Level 24
@Unknow Most people tend to prefer Gul'Dan but I've always preferred Ner'Zhul too. Though my favorite orc is Varok Saurfang. "My boy died at the Wrath Gate I am here only to collect his body. We named him Dranosh, it means heart of Draenor in orcish. I would not let the warlocks take him, my boy would be safe, hidden away by the elders of Garadar. I made a promise to his mother before she died, that I would cross the Dark Portal alone. Whether I lived or died my son would be safe, untainted. Today I fulfill that promise." If that doesn't bring a tear to your eye than you have no heart.

Level 3
Just add "Honor young heroes... no matter how dire the battle.... Never forsake it!" If I would make top 5 saddest moments, I would probabbly add it on a list. Come to think of it, this is the only time I didn't agree with Muradin.

Level 25
My favourite character is Khadgar. His brilliance gained him the acknowledgement of Medivh himself, and he was able to wound Deathwing and force him to flee, simply by using his wits. Also, he is arguably the most powerful mortal mage alive (aside from perhaps Med'an). I was really happy that he was finally given more story in WoD, sadly he's been somewhat excluded from the overall plot of the expansion so far.

Level 21
Mine is,and always was, Illidan without a doubt.I rather not post my reason since i'm not in the mood for a betrayer or betrayed argument

Last edited:

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Mine is,and always was, without a doubt.I rather not post my reason since i'm not in the mood for a betrayer or betrayed argument

Lol. By bringing that up you're basically begging for us to reply to it. I was really close to tell you my opinion but changed my mind since I am in a good mood.

My favorite character still remains, Sylvanas. Though Illidan and Arthas (the Lich King) are really close behind.

Level 5
Queen Azshara.she was the greatest mortal mege ever to live.also, I like The Lich king and many of the Scourge's important members (Kel'thuzad,Anub'arak,etc)

Level 24
I don't know about Thrall I've been really bored with him since Cata I think there has just been way to much focus on him. Nazgrim though was a fun character.

Level 39
Though I'm tempted to say Medivh, my overall favorite character is probably Orgrim Doomhammer. He is awesome in the novelization of Tides of Darkness. Noble and loves his people, yet is deeply flawed. Great character.

Thrall used to be cool in WC3 when he was just a Shaman Warchief. After the whole Green Jesus thing he's become a total Gary Stue.

Last edited:
Level 6
Woaw. Green Jesus.
Jesus never killed anyone, Thrall on the other hand is one of the most prominent military commanders of the Warcraft Universe who established the Horde as the only power who could hope to compete with the Alliance.

That doesn`t should like Jesus, does it ?

Level 24
Jesus never killed anyone,

Nope he left the slaughter to his dad. :D The reason why people call him green Jesus is because he's revered higher by Metzen than Jesus is revered by Christians.

Thrall on the other hand is one of the most prominent military commanders of the Warcraft Universe who established the Horde as the only power who could hope to compete with the Alliance.

That doesn`t should like Jesus, does it ?

People didn't start calling him Jebus until Cata where he was buffed out of his f-ing mind.

Level 2
Time for a definately-not-Alliance-biased post!

Uther the Lightbringer, Paladin of the Silverhand
Uther's personality and alignment truly shines, as he is dedicated to protecting the innocent and smiting evil from the face of the Earth. He is more of an Argent Dawn character to be honest rather than a proper 'Hates the Horde' as he loves all things living (and not killing him or harming others) and will fight till his fingers fall off for them. He is a staunch supporter of the light and the Alliance.
Concerning the 'Hates the Horde', he did fight the Orcs in the human campaign of WcIII, but after all, the 3rd mission (Blademaster and his camp) shows that two villagers were captured and were promptly executed by the Blademaster, I really did think that he was fighting to end a threat to his fellow citizens unlike killing because he hates green-skins.

Falric and other assorted Captains
Falric was an all-round great person, he was dedicated to his prince and his king, and at the same time dedicated to smiting the undead away so that he can retire to farm and get a decent income. He harbors persistence, valor and wisdom, although I would really like the lore to touch more on him, considering he was one of the first Death-Knights in the Third War raised by the soon-to-be Lich King Arthas. He tries his hardest in every marching battle and does well in service of the Crown. Once again, they should of touched more on him as a little side story.

For Sir Lothar!
Uncle Lothar wants, you!
Lothar has been a staple point for every knight of the kingdoms, he is experienced, wise and brave, he served Stormwind with all his pride and strength and more or less, Stormwind owes Sir Lothar more than Sir Lothar owes Stormwind. In the First War as Stormwind City was raised, he rallied the remaining troops and survivors to sail for Lordaeron, later acting as a commander, advisor and knight in Lordaeron's favour. He has done great deeds such as dueling with Doomhammer and leading the assault on the Dark Portal.
Uncle Lothar, wants, YOU!

I like a lot more characters but I could only type up these few because I need to go soon.
I also like Arthas Menethil
Daelin Proudmoore
Windrunners Co.
Jaina Proudmoore
Mal & Tyrande
Maiev
Illidan
Varian Wyrnn
Genn Greymane
Bronzebeards Co.
Valeera Sanginuar (or whatever)
Broll Bearmantle
Thrall
Bolvar Fordragon
Tirion Fordring
Kael'Thas

List goes on, I guess.
And 'favourites' is still in the dictionary, right?!
[Looks around awkwardly.]

Level 24
That's quite the list. :D I can't imagine a list of humans being complete without Aegwynn, you know the lady who defeated Sargeras in a duel. She's the greatest legend in human history.

Medivh for sure. The most powerful mage on Azeroth and still is. I'm waiting for him to appear in the new Legion expansion and show the Heroes of Azeorth how it's done. His staff was epic and in Warcraft 3 he had so many epic moments (i.e. the Alternate Future vision he sends to Thrall):

"The Sands of Time have run out, Son of Durotan... The cries of war echo upon the winds. The remnants of the past scar the land, which is besieged once again...by conflict. Heroes arise to challenge fate! And lead their brethren into battle. As mortal armies rush blindly towards their doom, the Burning Shadow comes to consume us all! You must rally the Horde and lead your people to their destiny! Seek me out... "

That and he's never been cheapened as a character unlike, as many have pointed out, Thrall but as someone once said - Chris Metzan shouts "For the Horde!" as he touches himself.

I'd just love for Medivh to become a central part to the new expansion and be the one who leads the fight and maybe sacrifices himself at the end (but not really of course).

Level 2
That's quite the list. :D I can't imagine a list of humans being complete without Aegwynn, you know the lady who defeated Sargeras in a duel. She's the greatest legend in human history.

I believe you didn't mention anyone related to Sir Lothar, captains or paladins?
/nope

Hehhee, Aegwynn, quite a character in human history, but I like warmongerers more to be honest, some hack and slash is good for my fit.

Level 9
Arthas the Lich King
Deathwing the Destroyer
Grommash Hellscream
Garrosh Hellscream
Thrall before Cataclysm
Malfurion Stormrage
Archimonde
Tirion Fordring
Ragnaros
Kel'Thuzad
Vol'Jin
Kael'Thas Sunstrider
Lor'Themar Theron
Sargeras
All the 5 Old Gods
Blackhand
Ner'Zhul
Kilrogg Deadeye
Kargath Bladefist
Gul'Dan
Orgrim Doomhammer
I could go on. Bascially i like alot of Heroes and most Villains.

Level 2
Arthas the Lich King.

Arthas Menethil
(Sniff)
May you rest in peace friend, an eternal slumber to refresh yourself from the horrors that gripped your heart inside you.
You had a wife, and a child at the future mark, and a kingdom, but you gave it all away against all the wisdom of the elders.

Stormwind Marines, draw swords!

[Pushes aside the dramatic scene]
Anyways, which part do you like more, when he was alive or service in undeath? Yes, I know that you said 'Arthas the Lich King' but you should of added the 'as'.

Last edited:

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Arthas the Lich King
Deathwing the Destroyer
Grommash Hellscream
Garrosh Hellscream
Thrall before Cataclysm
Malfurion Stormrage
Archimonde
Tirion Fordring
Ragnaros
Kel'Thuzad
Vol'Jin
Kael'Thas Sunstrider
Lor'Themar Theron
Sargeras
All the 5 Old Gods
Blackhand
Ner'Zhul
Kilrogg Deadeye
Kargath Bladefist
Gul'Dan
Orgrim Doomhammer
I could go on. Bascially i like alot of Heroes and most Villains.

You got many favorites.

Status
Not open for further replies.