• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Resident Evil 2 Remake Mr. X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Mr. X from Resident Evil 2 Remake is different from other enemies, some parts of the game, can't kill him. I finished 2 main stories with Claire in scenario A and Leon in scenario B. As I played several Resident Evil games, so I chose hardcore difficulty, which for me was very difficult. I am not the most skilled person but I managed to finish both times in this difficulty.
The game is excellent, it maintains a classic culture with content that differs from the classic, as for my opinion a great improvement in Mr. X, who was a low quality enemy in the classic. Maybe it was a hardware problem at the time, but I believe it inspired the idea of Nemesis, which was a success in Resident Evil 3.

He is the enemy, which has made me most troubled. Because he makes some scary noises when he walks, most parts of the game he is immortal, when shoots he goes to the region where was sound. But he is not quite a nightmare, he does not enter the rooms that are called "safe room", it can stun him in two ways.
Some criticized him for not leaving the character alone, but for me that is one of his good qualities. Nemesis had it, and in the remake of Resident Evil 3 it will be even worse, what was told for me.

An article on how Mr. X works, interesting for knowledge of game development, gameplay, and more fear: How the Resident Evil 2 remake's Mr. X actually works

What is your opinion about Mr. X classic and the remake?

Status
Not open for further replies.