• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Gamecube] Resident Evil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

One of my favorite series of games.

I first bought Resident Evil 0, not knowing what I was getting into. I thuroughly enjoyed it. It was challenging, and fun at the same time. And I really liked how the game was more of a puzzle solving type, rather than a mere shoot-em-up. Of course the combat against zombies and bosses and such is unavoidable, and the game couldn't do without them, but they aren't so overwhelming that all you are doing is fending off hoards of zombies.

I then, last year, bought Resident Evil 4. It was the newest, and I had played a demo in the store. This one was different, but still one of the most enjoyable games I've played. This one had more of a focus on combat, and a different moving/shooting style, but they kept the puzzle solving in there. This one also had a really great storyline.

Now, a few weeks ago, I bought Resident Evil 1 Remake for the Gamecube. I played it for about three days straight with a few of my friends there to watch (they like the series too.) Once again, another mind blowing gaming experience. Every new room is like a piece of art, and the puzzles and riddles are always a good challenge.

I plan to buy the rest of the series sometime in the future, I would really like the see the rest of the story.

Anyway, I'll end my little rant, what do you think about the Resident Evil games?

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

I think you meant 5.

And that alone would almost make me buy an Xbox 360...but I don't think I will.

Umbrella Chronicles will be coming out for the Wii anyway.

Level 12
Haha, had some good times palying this back in the day.

I mainly played RE2, I remember playing it several times over and over seeing how fast I could complete it. I think I got it down to 1hour 40min at 1 point.

I think i tried RE3, which if memory serves was pretty good.
After that thou I got a good pc and a good con, so stopped palying consules all together.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

I just got word that Umbrella Chronicles will be an on-rail shooter co-op for the Wii. Basically it's like those Time Crisis arcade games, but going through the familiar mansions and streets of the Resident Evil series. The demo video looks quite fun actually.

Level 6
I liked RE 1-2-3, anything after that has been bullshit, in my oppinion, especially those arcade shooter games, they totally sucked ass.

I agree with raging, RE 2 & 3 are my favorites. The overall feeling of playing through RE2 is awesome, since so much detail was put into the city, police station, sewers, and lab. Plus, seeing the boss monsters made me purchase a night light!

Level 12
Alright i have only played RE4 because I am also a wuss when night comes around. When it is midnight, I shut it off, turn on the 360 and start sawing people in half. That makes me feel better. ABout 4, I thought the gameplay was fun. I liked how aiming was done in game, and it had a completely different feel than other shooter games. One of the best of all shooters I would say, even though it scares the crap out of me.

Level 5
4 is my favorite. Resident Evil has an awesome story line but the gameplay isnt tht good beside 4. I mean most of them you cant even aim were u shoot at. Resident Evil4 is kool because you can aim anywhere. Also its comming out for Wii. And there is a Resident Evil coming out for Wii that has Resident Evil 0 to 3 all together and you can use the Wii remote to aim so that will be kool. Its called Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles if youre wondering. O i some1 else posted it. Well its not an onrail shooter im pretty sure.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

From the videos I've seen, yes, it is an on-rail shooter.

Level 5
I got it from a magazine. ill try to get u a link.

OK your right it seems that it is going to be a rail shooter. But still my magazine says otherwise. They also say tht resident evil4 thoguht for Wii will introduce the gangsta and armour costume but tht was already released in the PS2 version.

Check these creepy screen shots of the new res evil. http://www.1up.com/do/slideshow?pager.offset=0&mt=0&cId=3153634&mId=3255862

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Please do not triple post, use the edit button under your post if you need to add something.

Which magazine says otherwise then? Maybe it's an unreliable source.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

You did, I merged your posts together. You posted three times in a row.

Really? Nintendo power? Well then I guess I should look a bit more into this game before coming to any conclusions.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

I played through REmake (Resident Evil 1 for the Gamecube) a few months ago and finished it, but I accidentally let Barry die in the fight against Lisa Trevor.

Tonight I went back to a previous save file and tried her again, and this time I managed to kill her and keep Barry alive.

Huzzah!

Now if I just do the laboratory once more, I'll be able to finally fight the Tyrant on the helipad this time*giddy*

EDIT: Booya, beat the game the right way finally.

Now time to play through it again as Chris...

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Triple post omg.

I almost beat Resident Evil 0 now, I went back and collected any ammo I forgot before and then fought my way back to where I was stuck at. Now I'm right before the boss, but sadly I can't play my American disc on my European Wii, so I have to wait until I go to my friend's house to be able to play again : <

Level 7
d_man ur illiterate in NP (Nintendo Power) issue 217 the have the hands on review of the game (prob in like alpha stage or sumthing) anyway Giancarlo Varanini says and i quote:

"At its core, Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles is an on-rails shooter, similar to Sega's House Of The Dead games."

and the producer Masachika Kawata says and I quote:

"The game is essentially on rails, but it is not the traditional arcade gunshooter since it was designed with the home console in mind."

then Giancarlo says and i quote:

"That focus on the home-console design is apparent: you can move the camera in any direction by pressing the corresponding direction on the nunchuk's analog stick, which is helpful for spotting useful items objects, or enemies that aren't in your immediate line of sight."

the article also says every thing is destroyable (including the annoying paintings), for switching weapons all you have to do is press up or down on the analog stick, you can blow doors of their hinges, you can shoot out lights and the room will get dark (bad for you), RE4 melee attacks if an enemy gets too close, you will have multiple pates you can choose to take at points in the game, so far their are only pistols and shotguns but they said the developers are adding other weapons from the series including grenades, and the game is going to fill the gaps between RE0, RE1, RE2, and RE3 so you will have to fight bosses from those series.

why do i sound like i have no life because my favorite games are anything that is RE or WH 40k so i get pissed when people give false info bout those

and i feel its my duty as a member of clan SDis (S.T.A.R.S Dissidents)(im S.T.A.R.S-Rook)

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Awesome, thanks for the confirmation.

Level 26
i feel its my duty as a member of clan SDis (S.T.A.R.S Dissidents)(im S.T.A.R.S-Rook)
Is that clan also a starcraft clan? because the starcraft S.T.A.R.S clan is just... well, I have a starcraft friend who isn't an official member of the clan, though the clan members there treat him like a god, so i encounter these people many times in my RE games on sc. Some of them never even knew there was an RE0. They flame, they tk, they are just 92,000 years of evil compacted into starcraft accounts. A few of them are fun and nice, and the rest called me a hacker and banned me from their channel.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

You just don't swing it.

They had the same thing for the gamecube.

Yeesssssssss.....I bought RE2 and Code Veronica X yesterday, both rare, but I got them, so I'm going to have one hell of a time.

Level 9
I got Resident: Evil 4 a few years back, and it rates around one of my favourite games ever. Everything is polished to the maximum, with very few complaints. The voice acting is great, and the cutscene's animations are amazing.

I got RE Zero too, and liked it, but it got a little dull. Although Zombies are the main focus of the RE series, I liked the Los Illuminatos guys better. Sadler was a pretty convincing bad guy, too.

I still can't believe they made Umbrella C into an on-rails shooter. Through my utter disbelief, I found something so interesting and hypocritcal it blew my mind. Here's a direct quote from the producer, clearly an idiot.

--------------------------
"At the initial stage of development, Umbrella Chronicles' play system was similar to Resident Evil 4's," producer Masachika Kawata told Famitsu in a video interview. "But, it's extremely difficult on Wii. Too complicated to enjoy. Wii users like easiness. Umbrella Chronicles is not only for game enthusiasts. Complex operability can be an obstacle for Wii users. We want players to enjoy the game's horrifying and creepy world and its thrilling shooting action. By reducing enthusiast-only elements, players can purely enjoy the world."
--------------------------

But it's difficult to do on the Wii, huh? Well, did someone tell him they made a remake of RE4 for the Wii, or did he miss the memo? And the part about enjoying the world...making it On-Rails reduces the chance to "enjoy the world." There were so many subtle things in RE4/Zero that you could interact with, houses you could enter and learn about the evil guys. On-Rails, you don't get a choice what you see, thus you're limited to what you can be shown in the span of the game.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

It is a shame, I agree, that's why I'm going to find me a friend with a 360 and bum it off him for a week and play Resident Evil 5, for the sake of the storyline.

I beat Resident Evil 2 Leon recently, still have to play as Claire. And I;m nearly done with Resident Evil 3, that Nemesis is scary as hell at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.