• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Favorite food

Status
Not open for further replies.
So yeah, awesome Middle Eastern people are awesome.

<3

Jews are supposed to wash their hands before eating food.

Same in Islam ;P
You have to wash before praying too ;o

Besides, don't you believe in both the Old Testament and the New Testament, as well as in the Kuran, or something? I mean, you don't deny the existence of Abraham\Moses and Jesus, or something. No? Am I wrong here?

The Qur'an is the only one I'm really convinced with at the moment ;o
The Old/New Testaments' I find on the internet are seriously unreliable :/
Even the Qur'ans I find online are unreliable >:eek: (Well, except for a few legit ones on some arabic sites in Algeria or something >:O)
There's always "that atheist" that takes it too far and decides to change something before making it available ;/ (I see a lot of that going on these days)

The Bible was written by man and it was based on what they recalled from Jesus' teachings along with a lot of other things, and because humans are stupid, flaws in it are inevitable :O
Human error and stupidity .. you just gotta love 'em.

-----
I see now that Islamic Traditions are just Jewish ones coupled with a few extra doohickeys and thingamajigs (xD)

You effing **, you're eating the most majestic creature of the sea.

Green Peace \ Ban Whaling

Have you ever eaten whale? It is the most delicious meat there is.
And I don´t really see the difference in eating whales rather than lamb, beef, pork, kangaroo, ostrich, horse, veal or any other animal that tastes really good. Neither would i hesitate to eat cats or dogs if I was offered.(Thou the continuance of me eating them would depend on their tastiness.) I don´t discriminate animals the same way you do apparently.

I would really like to hear your explanation as to why whales are the most "majestic creatures".

Ban Green Peace

Last edited by a moderator:

HFR

HFR

Level 22
Have you ever eaten whale? It is the most delicious meat there is.
And I don´t really see the difference in eating whales rather than lamb, beef, pork, kangaroo, ostrich, horse, veal or any other animal that tastes really good. Neither would i hesitate to eat cats or dogs if I was offered.(Thou the continuance of me eating them would depend on their tastiness.) I don´t discriminate animals the same way you do apparently.

I would really like to hear your explanation as to why whales are the most "majestic creatures".

Ban Green Peace

First, that site is @@. Just that, @@. Second, I wouldn't eat cows or pigs if they were in risk of extinction as plenty of whale species are at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 11
Trust me son, all you need is a pair of eyes....

Judging from your style of writing you appear to be quite young.
So, lets do this the nice way. Eating meat is a healthy habit and I will advise you to continue with it. There are all sorts of meat available in the market to quench your bloodthirsty appetite, but its upto you my intelligent friend to choose your meat responsibly. Whales are not chickens, they don't lay 12 eggs a week, they're slow breeding animals and it takes them several years to reach sexual maturity, in order to breed.
That means that they will be fast depleted if people start having them for dinner.

Moreover whales are wild animals, which play a crucial role in the ecosystem in which they live. Killing whales in large numbers automatically depletes the quality of the oceanic ecosystem, which results in bad catch at the sea and a bad catch means Japanese kids go hungry to school. You won't like that would you?

I understand that an island country like Iceland doesn't have much farm land, and people are dependent on sea food, (pretty much like Japan).
In this age of environmental renaissance I fail to understand that why people should remain ignorant to issues like illegal-whaling, even if you live in a far away place like Iceland.

This message goes out to all those people who think of animals as nothing more than meat.
Here is wiki link to Cetacean Intelligence.
You might want to reconsider your options after reading this.

Trust me son, all you need is a pair of eyes....

Judging from your style of writing you appear to be quite young.
So, lets do this the nice way. Eating meat is a healthy habit and I will advise you to continue with it. There are all sorts of meat available in the market to quench your bloodthirsty appetite, but its upto you my intelligent friend to choose your meat responsibly. Whales are not chickens, they don't lay 12 eggs a week, they're slow breeding animals and it takes them several years to reach sexual maturity, in order to breed.
That means that they will be fast depleted if people start having them for dinner.

Moreover whales are wild animals, which play a crucial role in the ecosystem in which they live. Killing whales in large numbers automatically depletes the quality of the oceanic ecosystem, which results in bad catch at the sea and a bad catch means Japanese kids go hungry to school. You won't like that would you?

I understand that an island country like Iceland doesn't have much farm land, and people are dependent on sea food, (pretty much like Japan).
In this age of environmental renaissance I fail to understand that why people should remain ignorant to issues like illegal-whaling, even if you live in a far away place like Iceland.

This message goes out to all those people who think of animals as nothing more than meat.
Here is wiki link to Cetacean Intelligence.
You might want to reconsider your options after reading this.

First off: I have seen plenty of whales, and I rate them no higher than lets say your average mouse.

Second: How I write has nothing to do with how old/young I am.

Thirdly: We(Iceland) we hunt less than 300animals(per year) from a group that is LC(LEAST CONCERNED) According to the IUCN Red List.
In the northeastern Atlantic, the total population of minke whales is estimated to be on the order of 103,000.

Fourth: I doubt it that you will ever change my opinion about this.

Level 9
NKnight001, i quite like your point.

You bring both the idea and the arguments. I agree with you: eating whales is not just a somewhat cruel act, but also it can damage the ecosystem entirely, not just the oceanic region, if it continues in mass.

But still, i believe you are a bit wasting your time by trying to explain to someone, who would even eat cats or dogs, that whales are not to be considered just meat.
No offence now, Radagast, but, it is obvious that you are one of the people who are not so fond to nature, or at least not to animals. Maybe it's not your fault, nobody can criticize you, but still, this proves my point. You won't get your opinion changed, as you also said.

Level 9
NKnight001 did try to explain WHY to you... but as i said, it's obvious you will not understand. It's in your nature and unfortunately there are things about people that cannot be changed. Also, my statement was "you are not fond to" not "you are against". Please try to understand the meaning of what i said. But... let's not pursue this further, we're going too off-topic. In case you want to pursue this discussion please use PMs.

Level 15
Yum yum, lasagna!
Lasagna is the best. PERIOD.

And to anyone who thinks the contrary, well ... You sir, are not my friend.
Garfield Approve of these posts. :D

garfield-9063.gif

Lasagna great, but like Rui said, it gets repetitive.

Last edited:
Level 22
Holland. They eat it over here as well (uitsmijter), but it's originally from Germany.

The German name is better too. This is from Wiki: ''The term Strammer Max (literally "stiff Max" or "tight Max") originated in the 1920s in Saxon slang, where it initially referred to an erection, the male name "Max" being often used as a slang word for penis (similar to the English "Dick" or "Willy").'' How cool is that? xP

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Well that ain't good news for CloudWolf or CloudMax ._.
It's annoying that every other word meant or means «penis» in some language. :cneut:
My friend black.cat's from Holland too and I think I just met a guy at my school that's from there too. Interesting that 90% of the people I am friends with on the Internet are either from Holland or Norway.

Status
Not open for further replies.