• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Favorite food

Status
Not open for further replies.
800px-Chicken_Adobo.jpg

I just love the taste of this chicken adobo, a Filipino food.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
It's the favorite food thread, don't yell at people! =(

Is that some kind of sausage? I'm not sure about those, but the ones that come in those commercial... boxes, recipients, cylinders, call them what you want, contain nitrites that are bad for your health.

Level 13
I'm not sure about those, but the ones that come in those commercial... boxes, recipients, cylinders, call them what you want, contain nitrites that are bad for your health.

As in, regular sausages?

Also, name one food that isn't bad for your health. Everyone who's ever eaten food has died or is dying. See a connection there?

Level 13
You have no conclusive proof that food doesn't decrease your fitness (fat does, and it kills you!) or damages your organs (everything does!).

My proof is that everyone who has died has eaten food. Very conclusive.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
...or just trolling.

This is not meant to hit you personally or anything, but what you're writing is logically flawed.

First, «everyone who has died has eaten food» is, from a deductive perspective, false. Second, many more were those who have died while breathing. Coincidentally, it is far more related to dying than food, because oxygen tends to generate free radicals which are actually indicated as being one of the causes of aging. Low-density lipoprotein, LDL, which will result from the digestion of sausages (most or all types of them regardless of origin) also do this. But neither is breathing, sausages or free radicals alone the cause of the fact that we all are dying. Your reasonings there have the cause-and-effect fallacy.

My point with being «bad for your health» was that, from all the food you can eat, those commercial sausages may be one of the worst, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Might as well eat those grilled sausages up there, they'll taste way better than the commercial ones drowned in those horrible conservative liquids.

Level 13
...or just trolling.

successful-troll-is-successful.jpg

What started as a snide remark turned into a full-scale logical fallacy. And... why was I taken seriously, exactly?

Regardless, I lol'd. Repeatedly. I can only hope you did, too.

this message sounds way too arrogant, and there's not really any way to amend that while still pointing out that I was totally not serious, so...

clown.jpg

Level 13
If you get down to the really technical part, a foetus' cell(s) must have, at some point, taken in nutrition (i.e, food) at some point. If it's never eaten anything, it can't be alive in the first place!

also guys why are we still discussing this I openly admitted to using a logical fallacy for the lulz

Level 22
It's so annoying that chocolate cereals lose all the chocolate in the milk... xD
I like my milk on medium temperature, I can never rely on my parents to heat it up because they'll warm the milk up to evaporation.

I fixed that issue by eating chocolate only seconds after it takes a dive into the milk so that it still remains crispy, I don't like things getting soft and non-crispy as they lose their taste

Status
Not open for further replies.