• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Favorite First-Person Shooter

Your favorite first person shooters

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Half Life 2 rapes EVERYTHING in the face, except for the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, for the Nintendo. THAT rapes ass. NO LOADING TIMES, FOR THE WIN!

Level 15
GTA isn't a first person shooter, Steel. It's 3rd person. The only time I remember switching to first was for aiming down the sights of a sniper rifle...

Level 15
Well, I'm sorry to say that I had a slight change of opinion. I played Half Life 2 the other night while I was babysitting my niece... Water Hazard sucks, but that airboat is FUN to fly. Oh yeah, and that was a CRAZY... CRAZY gaming experience. The realism in the physics is great. And Gordon Freeman still kicks ass with his massive crowbar of awesomeness!

Level 17
I've played the BF: BC Company Beta at a friends house and it's good, but the destructible environment isn't; after a few minutes into a game the entire concept of cover is transferred into an all out mayhem, leaving a very open level. Best fps imo, would have to be Halo: Combat Evolved, it combined intense game play and vehicular combat into a masterpiece. Halo 2 and 3 were both decent, but didn't give supplement the unheard game play of 1.

Level 15
Damn straight. What we need, however, is a realistic shooter... Day of Defeat II was good (the demo, anyways). Actually, it was AWESOME. It combined realism with lots of action and what-not. Great demo. I'm looking forward to that one.

Level 15
Republic Commando was great. I own it and still play it today... classic it is. The AI is simply amazing. The graphics are great (source was god-like back then and still now) and the gameplay was just amazing... how COOL is it to be the commander of a squad that's so freakin' awesome? They were ALL memorable... good times, good times.

Level 15
It's not always the new graphics which make it good, it's the style. Games today are more focused on graphics then gameplay.

Which can be proven with Crysis. BEAUTIFUL game. A NASA computer couldn't even run it at max quality without breaking. But the gameplay itself? Sucks. End of story.

Level 15
I got the Nividia GeForce 8600 GT, not bad I don't think. I run UT3 at highest quality offline, and highest texture/second-to-highest model detail online. Another game I got off steam is pretty sweet... Enemy Territory: Quake Wars is pretty awesome.

Level 34
I've played the game, my PC is win.

And it's super-intense. You just don't stop. Ever. The graphics are the real draw, and the gameplay does deliver, but multiplayer is meh and the story is BOOOOORING.

[Never played it]
Agreed, gotta suck, punching eachother with super speeds and strenght. I doubt even they use guns in multiplayer.

Status
Not open for further replies.