• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Favorite Fantasy Race/Creature

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
I just want to know what fantasy race/creature you like, please post something like:

:fp:My favorite fantasy race is the Uruk-Hai because:
:fp:Their strong, tall, badass and damn, beautiful, the shape of their heavy armour and blades are hot and cool at the same time + the White Hand Tatoo is great on their bodies or faces, their names are awesome and they have a lion-like roar + I like the way they treat the other Orcs and they can resist without fighting each other for 5 minutes which shows that they are very peaceful (fake)
:fp:They are from the book Lord of The Rings written by J.R.R Tolkien
You can post pics too :grin:

Last edited:
Level 13
Uruk-hai peaceful? Bwahahaha. They're less peaceful than the orcs; they just have better discipline. (Re-)Read the books.

As for me, I've read so much fantasy that I've no clue.

Level 6
High Elves/Blood Elves (Wc3/WoW)

Dwarves (I love dem huge noses and deh bearded womenz!)

Tauren/minotuar (mmm burgerz)

the effing olog-hais are pretty badass, my fav race in tolkien's middle earth.
thats the trolls you see in LOTR. smarter than normal trolls, they have their own language, and can resist sunlight by will of sauron. (did you know that normal trolls turn to stone in sunlight?). not to mention they wield horse-sized beat sticks and warhammers.
yeah i just thought i would post that here cos someone mentioned uruk-hais.

outside of lotr, i aint so sure what is my fav race.

Level 10
the effing olog-hais are pretty badass, my fav race in tolkien's middle earth.
thats the trolls you see in LOTR. smarter than normal trolls, they have their own language, and can resist sunlight by will of sauron. (did you know that normal trolls turn to stone in sunlight?). not to mention they wield horse-sized beat sticks and warhammers.
yeah i just thought i would post that here cos someone mentioned uruk-hais.

outside of lotr, i aint so sure what is my fav race.

I know everything about Tolkien's trolls

Level 35
The Blades from Spellforce. Creatures made of black steel, driven by the souls of tortured people, giving out impish screams while cutting through even the armies of the Red Horde. Pretty much the best fantasy creatures ever invented imo.

I'd give the silver award to the Dremora from The Elder Scrolls, too bad I played Oblivion to a degree that seeing one makes me want to stab myself, they make me remember the repetitive process of closing an infinite amount of Oblivion gates.

The third place, I'd give to the Easterlings from LotR. Their armor, especially their helmet is damn badass and I find that whole spear-based combat they conduct kinda imposing.

Level 10
The Blades from Spellforce. Creatures made of black steel, driven by the souls of tortured people, giving out impish screams while cutting through even the armies of the Red Horde. Pretty much the best fantasy creatures ever invented imo.

I'd give the silver award to the Dremora from The Elder Scrolls, too bad I played Oblivion to a degree that seeing one makes me want to stab myself, they make me remember the repetitive process of closing an infinite amount of Oblivion gates.

The third place, I'd give to the Easterlings from LotR. Their armor, especially their helmet is damn badass and I find that whole spear-based combat they conduct kinda imposing.

To finish Oblivion you just gotta follow the main quest

Level 35
To finish Oblivion you just gotta follow the main quest

No shit? It left a mark because I took my time to explore before actually doing the main quests, but I soon realized it's about as repetitive as it can get, so I stopped for example; closing Oblivion gates. Then came the main quests that guess what, made me close even more Oblivion gates. Kinda got boring after a while.

Are humans a fantasy race/creature?

Depends on what lore you invent for them. For example: http://www.spellforce.com/?rid=1031&lang=en

Level 10
No shit? It left a mark because I took my time to explore before actually doing the main quests, but I soon realized it's about as repetitive as it can get, so I stopped for example; closing Oblivion gates. Then came the main quests that guess what, made me close even more Oblivion gates. Kinda got boring after a while.

Lies.

Level 21
All the Horde's Races. (W1, W2, W3, WoW)
Dragonspawns are cool, and I liked every single race in Warcraft.

Oh and including other fantasy things, I enjoyed the humanoid people created in their stories and such.

Level 6
i really like cryomancers from mortal kombat cuz something about freezing people feels so badass. warcraft series has really awesome races too like the new Ramkahen race in WOW Cata looks real awesome

Level 5
I don't really have a favorite race. That would be racist.

But I will say, anything that kills sparkly vampires has my vote of approval. They don't count as people, so it's OK to hate them.

Level 8
Asheron's Call's Virindi.

Now available in two flavors!

My personal favorite, the tattered cloth flavor.
Virindi_Executor_Live.jpg

And the newer crystalline variety!
virindidesecrator_fullres.jpg

Their favorite activities are crafting equally creepy henchmen from various materials, and kidnapping various critters and changing them to be more like them! Augmented Martine not included with purchase. Buy now and get their home dimension, probably filled with fluffy Virindi just waiting to hug you with sickles outstretched!

Level 19
Kobolds! They're small, vermin-like, hard-working, mining, engineering, dragon-related, proud, weak creatures living in caves. And they're adorable.

My second place goes to the Trolls of WarCraft. Dey be speakin' da troll dialekt mon. I have some sort of love for cuban/jamaican characters.

My third goes to el Presidente... He's got his own breed.

Level 10
Kobolds! They're small, vermin-like, hard-working, mining, engineering, dragon-related, proud, weak creatures living in caves. And they're adorable.

My second place goes to the Trolls of WarCraft. Dey be speakin' da troll dialekt mon. I have some sort of love for cuban/jamaican characters.

My third goes to el Presidente... He's got his own breed.

You know that original (classic) Kobolds are not how you described them so please mention that the Kobolds you are talking about are from the Warcraft lore :goblin_yeah:

Status
Not open for further replies.