• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Faster Ability Creating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Lets say I'm making an ORPG (like I am) and i dont want to spend hours editing ability information

Is there a way (other then <right click> auto-fill) to edit my abilities to make them change their value in the text part? Sounds confusing but best way I can explain it
EXAMPLE- blizzard uses things like <DataA1> in their abilities; is there a way i can do this in custom abilites?
EXAMPLE2

instead of typeing over and over again- deals 40 damage
lvl2- deals 80 damage ect... for every level

is their a way to go -deals <dataA1> damage
lvl2- deals <dataA2> damage...ect

thanks! I will +rep (if i can; I +rep too much XD)

Level 9
this is what i have done for my map(i personally thinks it is good)
Info: Showers the enemy in fiery metoers dealing a massive amount of damage
Damage: 250,300,350,400,500,600,700,800,900,1000
DPS: Lvl 1-5: 250 6-10: 500
Shards: 25
Waves: 25
AoE: 750
Cast Range: 1-5: 800 6-10: 1000
Cast Time: 1 Second
Cooldown: 5 Min
Mana Cost: Lvl 1-5: 1000 6-10= 5000
also typing it in word(if you want the lines) saves you alot of time

Level 7
Thanks; I kind of understand do you mean like in the ability-learn part you type all that?
cause i mean in the lvl learn parts where for every level i need to update the damage done, duration, ect and if this DataA1 thing works i can just right click and auto-fill and the autofill will change the numbers per level
like this- lvl 1-DataA1
lvl2-DataA2
ect.

Level 9
Thanks; I kind of understand do you mean like in the ability-learn part you type all that?
cause i mean in the lvl learn parts where for every level i need to update the damage done, duration, ect and if this DataA1 thing works i can just right click and auto-fill and the autofill will change the numbers per level
like this- lvl 1-DataA1
lvl2-DataA2
ect.

i typed it in word because it is easier than the other thing fx making lines in the object editor is a bitch(i also use it for the ability itself reason for the , in that case it means in the next lvl if i can explain it that why)

Level 8
Umm there is a tutorial about this.

Please Read

You need to use the rawcodes. Press Ctrl+D (i think it's D). That wiull change all data into rawcode. Just press again to change back. But read the tutorial because it explains how to use the data.

Level 7
Thanks guys and espically Reaper2008 because that was exactly what i was looking for!

except i cant use toofless's link though i get a blank black page with the hive at the top
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
nevermind it eventually came through

Status
Not open for further replies.