• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ability Codes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Is there a way to show the duration, damage, ect of a spells next level in the Tooltip Learn - Extended

In Tooltip learn %d appears to be the code to show the number for the next level

So using <AEer,DataA1> for duration, in theory I should be able to use <AEer,DataA%d> but it doesn't work.

In fact I can't get %d to show anywhere except the Tooltip Learn

Level 11
I don't think there is a way to do this in the object editor.

I would suggest looking into the
Code:
native BlzSetAbilityResearchExtendedTooltip        takes integer abilCode, string researchExtendedTooltip, integer level returns nothing
JASS method to set the tooltips for an ability per level.

Level 39
Do something like this:

Set AbilityVariable = Some Ability
Custom script: call BlzSetAbilityResearchExtendedTooltip(udg_AbilityVariable, “thestringyouwantbetweenthesequotes”, thelevelyouwant)

You can also use a StringVariable and substitute udg_ for the “...” part (remove the quotes too) if you would rather write the string in GUI.

Level 2
Thanks for the help, but sorry it keeps giving me Syntax Error, unexpected "damage" Symbol not declared (deals)

It differs on what I type in “thestringyouwantbetweenthesequotes”

What I did,
  • Hero Spell
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set AbilityTest = Entangling Roots (hero)
      • Custom script: call BlzSetAbilityResearchExtendedTooltip(udg_AbilityTest, Deals damage and stuff, 1)

Level 2
Sorry about that, I'm a scrub.

Alright I used the quotes and got no error message, however in game no Extended Tooltip (learn) is displayed.

Seeing Cyclotrutan's post I used the GUI Action for it and no text appears still.
I tried the other actions:
-Game - set Tooltip (Learn)
-Game - set Tooltip
-Game - set Extended Tooltip

Those ones all worked fine, but not the one I need.

I tried using The events (Map Initialization) and (Game time 1.00 seconds)

You can sort of get it to work by typing all the info in Tooltip (Learn) but it cuts off after a few lines.

Gave some rep for helpin

Status
Not open for further replies.